No announcement yet.

Moving because property taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$10K plus here in Blanco Co. This was supposed to be my retirement home, not looking that way now.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
      we vote down every school bond and most other large ones they try to pass. they then hold closed city counsel meetings and pass bloated budgets anyway. this last election cycle the mayors term was up and he was running for city counsel and they all got voted out. local swamps need to be drained also.
      Agreed, lots of wonky stuff boards , commissioners, a city council
      Passed during closed meetings during CV19 lock down

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
        we vote down every school bond and most other large ones they try to pass. they then hold closed city counsel meetings and pass bloated budgets anyway. this last election cycle the mayors term was up and he was running for city counsel and they all got voted out. local swamps need to be drained also.
        What I dislike the most on school bonds is the "shady" tactics used to get them to eventually pass.

Many bonds actually get voted down the first go round, only to be repackaged on a later date. It's like, people can't stomach all the money going to a football stadium, so the bond fails. Then the bond is repackaged with a few other things like added security for the schools, and it's set back up for a vote. They will do this multiple times in attempt to get them to pass.

Another trick these school districts do is hold the bond vote outside of the standard election cycle and only publicize it enough to meet the minimum requirements. This pulls the number of actual voters way down and the districts at the same time are blasting away all the positive bond information to the teachers and parents of students. Heck, I've even seen where the bond vote was held the same week as the districts "open house" and the schools conveniently had voting machines on-site at the schools for parents to vote.

Comment

62 acres down road from me with old house and ok barn. All Bermuda $1.6 million asking price......its getting nuts

Comment

Working...
          X