• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    Make sure you spell it right when you file the lawsuit! lowE's

Comment

Prayers for mother in law hurt @ low’s

I hope your mother-in-law heals completely. Getting older and more immobile is frustrating for those that age.

My mom, 70, falls a lot here lately. Banged herself up pretty good last time. So far it’s just been at home or in the yard, but one of these days it’ll happen in public and........ ChaChing!!!! Gonna own us a HEB or Hobby Lobby or maybe even a ChickFilA. It’s like buying a lottery ticket. Just gotta wait for that number to come up.[emoji6][emoji849] Many of y’all are just as ridiculous as what I just typed!

And it looks to me, that the tile in question is floated with grout to a common grade....not to mention the tape designating a change in elevation is clearly visible.

I have a new list of people banned from my properties! Evidently, I now have to be responsible for the balance of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        And let one of those guys loved ones get seriously injured and they’d be calling the Texas Hammer. It’s one thing to file a “frivolous “ law suit, another to file a legit one. And that doesn’t mean that you follow through with a suit. It gets Lowe’s attention and brings em to the table. Can anyone here tell this man if there will be any long term ramifications for his mother in law?
        My sons brain was injured in a stove fire 24 years ago. We took him to the pediatrician and got nebulizer treatments for his lungs and had to admit him. He had a collapsed lung. Stayed in hospital two weeks for chemical neumanitis. Got out and two weeks after that wife found him in his crib. He had a seizure, vomited, and aspirated that into his lungs. Went to hospital and he had a two and a half hour grand mall seizure that damaged his brain.
        Fast forward. He developed epilepsy and we all struggled with that for 16 years. 2013 medicine was no longer holding seizures back. Had brain surgery. Seizures stopped and two years later he developed a psychosis that he still struggles with to this day because of the damaged area that was removed from his brain.
        How much money is that worth to have your son or daughter or any loved one injured? I had all the same plans and dreams for my son that y’all have/had for yours and they were dashed in a moment.
        So how much is it worth to you? $10,000,000? 100,000,000? The answer is zero! I’d give everything I have, including my life for our only child to be whole. I can’t go on with this.
        Get a great lawyer, not a good one. Do your own research! Do not take someone’s else’s recommendation unless you research it first.
        PM if I can help.

Every day is a blessing sir. At least your son was saved. Life is more important than placing blame. Your story is sad but I’m gonna go on a limb here and say that you are giving your son the best life possible. God bless you.

Some things happen that we have no control over. Instead of wasting time pointing blame, appreciate the time you have.

I’m not sure if you posted this to share your story or to tell the op to pursue Lowe’s. Your story is great, but I think blaming Lowe’s is counterproductive.

Do you blame the doctors for what happened to your son?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not at all. When the stove was assembled they left a plastic knob under the burner plate. When my wife used the self cleaning cycle it ignited the plastics knob and he inhaled the carcinogenic smoke.
          Point is is that no one on here knows the extent of this women’s injuries. Hopefully they are minimal. The least Lowe’s could do is cover her medical expenses. But I’m willing to bet they won’t do that unless the face legal action.
          Again, when your in that situation it’s a different ball game.

Comment

FALSE!

It's all about controlling emotions and sticking to your morals and how you were raised. Most can't do it

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                FALSE!

It's all about controlling emotions and sticking to your morals and how you were raised. Most can't do it
                ^^^this^^^ Its a lost art

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  I hope your mother-in-law heals completely. Getting older and more immobile is frustrating for those that age.

My mom, 70, falls a lot here lately. Banged herself up pretty good last time. So far it’s just been at home or in the yard, but one of these days it’ll happen in public and........ ChaChing!!!! Gonna own us a HEB or Hobby Lobby or maybe even a ChickFilA. It’s like buying a lottery ticket. Just gotta wait for that number to come up.[emoji6][emoji849] Many of y’all are just as ridiculous as what I just typed!

And it looks to me, that the tile in question is floated with grout to a common grade....not to mention the tape designating a change in elevation is clearly visible.

I have a new list of people banned from my properties! Evidently, I now have to be responsible for the balance of others.

Completely agree but If I trip over your Mom after she trips over the McRib display at McDonalds it's gonna be double ChaChing for me

Praying for you MIL op.
                  Last edited by rvd; 04-29-2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Dang!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was in a similar situation as you but didn’t come out as lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        Prayers up for your MIL, OP!

Looking at the pic of the tile, I don’t see how the piece being broken has anything to do with this. All the tile is the same height above the concrete, both the broken one and all the unbroken ones. And there is caution tape across the entire opening to let folks know to be careful because there is a change of height. She could have just as easily tripped on any tile there, not just the broken one.

I am also of the sh** happens sometimes mentality, and don’t get the sue just because someone else has money mentality!

Bisch

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

I’ll give you a crisp $100 to “take” my MIL to Lowe’s!

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                            I’ll give you a crisp $100 to “take” my MIL to Lowe’s!

I got a good chuckle out of this.

Comment

Praying for your MIL. Falls and especially hits to the head are no joke. I'm sure you are watching her carefully.

After reading the description of events, I was expecting to see broken and loose tiles that contributed to her slipping. That's not what I can see in the photo. The perspective in the photo doesn't really show anything that jumps out at me as being dangerous or negligent.

Comment

Sitting in ER she started bleeding from her eyes at 1030pm crazy stuff happen when old folks take a head blow off the floor I guess

Comment

Working...
                                X