Opinions of 300 Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
    hum ... i didn't call him a cupcake .. he did...

i didn't call him an amateur he did...

i didn't say he lacks the time or inclination to wait for the perfect shot at a pig

he did

i didn't say he doesn't even own a 300blk , he did

i didn't say he didn't know what bullet he was shooting when he did borrow a 300blk ... he did ...

but he said 300blk sucks! based on absolutely 0 personal experience .

he said 22lr kills better than 300blk i quote : I've shot hundreds of pigs before, with everything from a .22LR on up to whatever....all died on the spot, every one but that one.

you're right , i think I deserve an apology...
    You started it with post 48. That's where you attacked his opinion. You can stick with defending it or stop and just promote a round you like. Defending something just creates doubt whereas promoting it will create positive attitudes toward it. That's all I'm saying. It went off the tracks when Dale stated his opinion and you attacked his opinion in post 48 instead of promoting the round you like

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      I’ve got lots of personal experience with it. It sucks like Elton John in a room full of wieners.

You just need to practice more...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have plenty of experience with it as well, but turns out my problem is I don’t know proper shot placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          You just need to practice more...[emoji23]

Yeah. That’s it.

Comment

Just going to leave this here for the comments and reactions. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
              You started it with post 48. That's where you attacked his opinion. You can stick with defending it or stop and just promote a round you like. Defending something just creates doubt whereas promoting it will create positive attitudes toward it. That's all I'm saying. It went off the tracks when Dale stated his opinion and you attacked his opinion in post 48 instead of promoting the round you like

how can you have an opinion on something you know nothing about?

reality is , he doesn't own one , never has owned one , and the only time he used one was once on a borrowed gun , with unknown ammo ...
              a betting man would say 2 shots with 1350ft/lbs of energy to the brain , and they keep coming ... you ain't hitting what you think you're hitting...
              doesn't make the caliber trash! shooting a gun twice and missing doesn't seem like a valid way to form an opinion ... but that's just me.

but then he attacked me with the name calling, and that's ok too .. i really don't care , it actually fuels my responses, the more you call me names the more i like to reply and keep this going .. Anyhow... my opinion comes from almost 10 years on using this cartridge 90% of the time ..
              and still do ... and it works just fine, and i have pictures and videos to prove it, and i have 4 rifles chambered in 300 blk .

notice i didn't trash him for his grendel or 6.8 .. and i have one of each of those too and they work just fine as well ... the question was never is 300blk better than grendel or 6.8 ... i'll be the first one to say it's not... but that's not the topic of this thread now is it ?

BTW ,I didn't once resort to name calling did i? please go back and look he did, I didn't. but please prove me wrong!

so i stand by what i said .. 300blk. is superior to 22lr .. and yes he said that too

quote : I've shot hundreds of pigs before, with everything from a .22LR on up to whatever....all died on the spot, every one but that one.

so maybe I "should" have had the right to say what "he" said : lol GTFO of here, rookie. post #69 for your reference ...

but i won't .. i don't think he's a rookie , and he's probably a decent hunter and maybe even a decent guy ... but when it comes to 300blk .. he's just plain wrong.

that is all.

Comment

Thinking about selling mine. Haven’t heard great things!

Comment

Thought I was good at making an a** of myself on here until reading these posts!

Comment

Well the OP sure got alot of comments about the 300bo.

The round is much like any other... it works for what it is and dont try to make it something it isnt.

I only use mine for night hunting pigs.. usually under 100yds and I get one shot. So head shots with digital night vision does the trick. Head shot a doe at 125 as well.

If I didnt own a 300bo...

If I wanted an all around.. probably the 6.5 grendel would be my choice.

If I were just slinging lead. Piston 762x39... run what used to be cheap ammo and have fun.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

The .300 BO was a solution for a problem that didn't exist. A 7.62x39 will do any thing it will do and more and ammo for plinking is much less costly. There really isn't a reason to own one when you can get a x39.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

Apparently you were right

Comment

Sorry but if you shoot a pig at point blank range in the head with a .300 BO twice, and he is still trying to attack/bite you, its not the gun or ammos fault lol

More so the shot placement. I have killed 100's of pigs with a .300, in the shoulder on most.

.300 BO still sucks, which is why I sold mine.

For these people talking to highly of the .300, have you shot a .223, 7.62 or .308 at the same target bragging about? Maybe you should and you will see why the .300 sucks, especially for the price

Comment

Opinions are like A-holes. Erbody has one.
                            For those of us old timers vets that had to depend on the M16 and it's performance in life and death situations hold a strong opinion about that little pea shooter and longed for something that shot 30 cal. bullets. We knew what the M60 would do for us and without it we many times would not have survived. That old M60 could shoot thru stuff the M16 could not. Nothing has changed in that regard and I ain't talking about the subsonic girly boy stuff.

Comment

My g-son and wife shoot supersonic 150 grain soft tips... Our range is 150 yards or less...
                              They kill everything they pull the trigger on... It’s about like a 30 round 30-30...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X