Need replica crappie taxidermist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need replica crappie taxidermist

My boy caught a jumbo crappie a couple weeks back and he wants it on the wall. Anyone on here to replica mounts? We were lucky enough to release the fish, so skin mount is out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lake Fork Taxidermy or Ron Kelly should get you what you need, depending on where you are in N Texas

Comment

Pierce brothers at lake fork used to be some of the best, don't know if still in the business or not.

Comment

Ttt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
          Lake Fork Taxidermy or Ron Kelly should get you what you need, depending on where you are in N Texas
          This ^^ and add his son to the list

Comment

Ron or Josh Kelley
            Also Kenneth Bauman in Oklahoma does some really nice replica work.

Bauman's Taxidermy Studio is located in Anadarko, Oklahoma. It is owned and operated by wildlife artist Kenneth Bauman. Kenneth has been in taxidermy since 1989 and has won numerous blue ribbons and special awards at taxidermy competitions throughout the United States.

Comment

Ron Kelly did my last one. He’s an artist for sure but his business skills suck. He lied to me for a year about when it would be done. One excuse after another. He just painted a fish. It looks nothing like the fish I caught. He honestly kinda ruined the whole thing for me. Just do what you say you will. I’m super easy to deal with. Bill Muntz with Fin and Bonz taxidermy in Temple currently is making a replica of my 3.71 from Grenada last month and my sons 3.17 from Fork. Most my Crappie Masters buds use him and they get their fish back in 2-3 month. That’s what Ron will likely tell you as well but a year later you will still be wondering where your fish is. My $.02 anyhow! Congrats to your son and good on you for getting him a replica! That’s awesome!!

Comment

Bev Kelly on hwy 515 (the road to Lake Fork) 903-473-4529

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                  Bev Kelly on hwy 515 (the road to Lake Fork) 903-473-4529

I always forget about her! I've seen some great back crappie she's done. She did a duck for little man and got it back sooner that I expected!

Comment

That was a hoss!!

Comment

Working...
                    X