Yamaha 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monark View Post
    Not sure if Yamaha & Evinrude are the same but I have a 1997 Evinrude 70 HP. Mechanic I trust recommended disabling the VRO pump and adding a traditional vacuum operated diaphragm fuel pump and start mixing oil in the gas tank. It has run great ever since & gets better fuel mileage. If the previous owner said to mix oil in gas, maybe he did the same thing?

Previous owner pretty much passed the boat though to me with a signed title from the original owner. He said as I was driving away always mix gas and never trust a oil pump. I texted him later asking if there was already pre-mix in the tank and he replied that he didn’t know.
    This guy had a barn full of toys- RV, UtV, ski boat, Jeep’s, 4 wheelers. I think he bought this boat and it sat under a cover for a year or so that he had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If that's all the history you have then I suggest you put a new waterpump in it.

Comment

Yeah the guy claimed he had a full service done. Asked him if that included the impeller and he said no. I replaced it but the one that was in there looked brand new. Spark plugs look brand new. I think this guy just didn’t have a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Personally I’d just pre-mix it unless the boat is kept in the water and fueled at marinas. Getting gas there is enough of a hassle that I wouldn’t want to comokcsfe it more by having to add a precise amount, and dealing with oil bottles/trash.

Comment

I have never had any issues with a oil injection system on any Yamaha outboard. Not saying that it doesn't happen but I do not worry about it. I have had 2 Yamaha 70 HP 2 strokes (flatbottom), a 150 HP HPDI (bayboat), and twin 200 HP HPDI's (offshore boat) over the past 25 years, never 1 issue with any of them. I may have just gotten lucky but all my buddy's that run 2 stroke Yamaha's haven't had issues either. Yamaha makes a heck of a motor in my opinion/experience.

Comment

Mine is a 02 200 Yamaha never think about it. I no that omc had problems . And if I ever have any questions I know you too reach out to
                Walker sounds like he knows his ****z

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Walker sounds like he knows his ****z

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                  Sho'nuff! Thanks again Walker. You helped me a bunch on my mercruiser thread getting my bayliner tuned up for sale.

Comment

Working...
                  X