• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont leave trash in the blinds
    Dont leave the atv low on gas
    Always bring water and ice
    Dont clutter up common areas
    Dont bring Old grandad and drink someone's Blantons (or the equivalent)
    Get to stands well in advance of feeder going off and leave well after dark
    Just to name a few...

Comment

Just like in life...be respectful and lend or at least offer help to your fellow lease mates. I get irritated at folks who stay hidden in their trailers and are MIA when there’s always camp chores, filling feeders or blind builds-repairs needing to get done.

Also, don’t be a cheap aZZ when it comes to bringing groceries and libations. I’m not saying you have to FINANCE everyone on your dime ALL THE TIME, but there are ways to do your part, contribute and just not be a **** freeloader. On every lease trip I always try to bring enough food to supply everyone in camp at least 1 meal on my own (i.e. a big pot of chili or beans, tablitas or sausage for the grille, etc) I’ll almost always have extra liquor, beer or moonshine available to share as well. For the most part, what’s mine is your’s in deer camp.

Comment

Don't leave less than 1 sleeve of oreos. Don't eat tuna fish. Don't forget the moon pies. Bring lots of beer to share. Don't be sloppy. Don't be loud. Don't speak. Don't squat with your spurs on.

Comment

Clear all weapons, before entering camp............

Comment

Take your trash home with you or whatever is accumulated while you are there.

Offer to help at the skinning rack, but keep your advice low key unless it's asked for.
            I usually bring my blade and follow their lead. There are 27 ways to do it, most are ok enough to get it done.

Give up your unused ice as you leave to whoever is staying behind.

And a habit you will pick up- when you see a bargain or are about to send something to the curb your brain will say- "can we use that at deer camp". Quality needed stuff at camp is fine, junked up old stuff probably best to stay home.

Comment

Don’t throw beer cans or anything that won’t burn in the fire pit.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                Don’t throw beer cans or anything that won’t burn in the fire pit.
                Your fire isn't hot enough . Definitely no glass bottles in the fire!

Comment

If it’s unwritten then it’s not a rule.

I agree with all the things mentioned above. I have been running a deer camp for 30 years. Cleaning up after yourself is a big one. The key is to have hunters that are good enough people not to need rules. The ones that are leaving trash, drinking everyone else’s beer, eating steaks when they show up with hot dogs, burning firewood every weekend they never cut, they don’t get invited back on the hunting lease.

Comment

A bar of soap in a tube sock will stop people from snoring.

I guess that's not so much a rule as it was an observation. I know its a rule now.
                    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 03-04-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Be respectful of others. After a certain time keep the noise level down. Clean up after yourself and volunteer to hep. Don't wait to be asked.If you need to go to town to get supplies ask if anyone else needs anything while you are out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stites_Bites View Post
                        Any of you guys take the wives/girlfriends out? My girl has been wanting to get into hunting.. which I love.. but I don’t want anyone uncomfortable with her around. Has anyone had issues with this in the past? Seems silly but I know a lot of guys head out to the ranch to get away. The fellas at my place seem ok with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My wife hunts luckily the lease I’m on it’s family friendly there’s plenty of females that hunt on our lease. Yes there is some leases that don’t allow females or kids .

Comment

Lease rules

Originally posted by BigPun View Post
                          Leave it cleaner than you found it. And always bring enough to share.
                          Great one !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            What happens at deer camp, stays at deer camp. (For the kiddos)

If something needs done, and people are doing it, help, or fetch beers.

Don’t ask what you can do to help, just help.

If you eat, and didn’t cook, wash the dishes.

If you set at the fire, help get firewood.

Basically don't be a stander!
                            You know the guy that just stands there with his thumb up his azz and watches everyone else. I love to jump right in the middle of that guy.

Comment

Don’t shoot a buck if you show up to camp in your Toyota Corolla commuter, with no knife, cooler, or ice. Don’t get butt hurt when your buddies give you a hard time about it.

Comment

Leave it better than you found it.

If the whiskey is hidden, it is off limits. If the whiskey is sitting out in the open, it is fair game, but should be replaced. Bring too much ice and water.

Comment

Working...
                                X