4 wheel drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
    Nope. Not unless you have chains on your tires. Those saying Yes have never driven on ICE...snow is one thing, ICE is another and all 4wd does is add to the confusion as you're sliding all over the road.

Years of hunting in NM and CO taught us about tire chains. With a 4wd and chains you can actually drive, steer and stop on ice.

Can you walk on ice without slipping? Nope, not without spiked ice pads on your boots. Same thing with a vehicle.
    Ice and hills is a whole nuther issue. I learned real quick after moving to Wimberley that 4x4 can't conquer the icy hills.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Lots of 2wd trucks that couldn't keep climbing icy hills around SM that ended up sliding off the road. I could basically idle by them in 4 high
      You should have seen the 2 wheel drivers in Wimberley. Lol. Sliding backwards. Off In the ditch. Lol.

Comment

Won’t go without it!

Comment

Just drive slow and learn how to slow down to a near stop without using your brakes. Once you figure that out you will be good. 4wd helps tremendously, but take it slow. Drove a short wheel base for years and put a ton of miles driving on ice and snow in that truck. Had zero problems. It’s the people that panic and hit their brakes that cause the problems. Learn how to down shift to reduce speed and take it SLOW regardless of 4wd.

Comment

Chains

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Yes it does but it won’t fix stupid.
              This

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                You should have seen the 2 wheel drivers in Wimberley. Lol. Sliding backwards. Off In the ditch. Lol.

Lawn chair and a cooler and you could've people watched like a boat ramp on old rr12 where they put a red light just up the hill from Sunny's

Lots of folks with no business being out causing problems lol

Comment

Originally posted by Devildogg View Post
                  Chains
                  There is some guy on a different site that insists that it’s mandatory for trucks to travel in snow, I haven’t had a problem driving around in snow and ice on the farm roads or interstate
                  In AWD mode

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    There is some guy on a different site that insists that it’s mandatory for trucks to travel in snow, I haven’t had a problem driving around in snow and ice on the farm roads or interstate
                    In AWD mode
                    He's probably referring to 18 wheelers.

Comment

Working...
                    X