Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one “prepper” item you will go buy soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coogfan View Post
    I did that on Saturday and my 8750 gen ran everything in the house except pool and upstairs' unit. Wish I had done it a long time ago. It was pretty awesome!
    It must not have posted, but I loaned my polesaw out today to a construction company here in Taylor and he's going to connect my generator in trade!

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
      More firewood.
      ^^^This! I started to bring some home from the deer lease on my last trip but thought I would have enough, I was wrong, I will be out tonight but we haven't lost power except for a couple of hours total due to rolling blackouts which I think is about over in our area.

Comment

Burn barrel

Comment

[quote=BigDraw;15478212]
          Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
          I had one and can’t find the thing to save my life now. It just disappeared. So a new percolator is first on my list.

I use a press now, it works awesome

One of these. Can brew a Great pot of coffee with any heat source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote="DOC";15480153]
            Originally posted by BigDraw View Post

What do you call that?

Comment

Percolator.
              Have carried this one all over,
              From Mexico to Canada and a Bunch of Elk and Mule Deer hunts.

Comment

[quote="DOC";15480153]
                Originally posted by BigDraw View Post

I prefer press to perc and I’m the only coffee drinker in the house.

Comment

Get a jet oil and stock up OME mountain house foods small and portable for camping and works well in emergencies

Comment

More fuel cylinders for my backpacking stove.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

After reading all the threads... generator will be the 1st. Interlock system will be second.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well we were so very blessed. We never lost anything, power, water, nuthin'! YET!!

However, we're all electric and in the middle of nowhere... Had we lost power, we'd have been in a pickle! I have a small genny that I'd planned to run my well with, but I went to the barn to just fire it up and the little sucker just would not run dependably so I took the carb off and cleaned it up as best I could and it still did not run right... I hadn't used it in a couple years, but it was run dry of gas... I actually have 2 of them (Honda eu2000i's) and neither would run right...

That won't happen again! For the pump house I ordered 2 new carbs and gasket sets for the small gennys... Will be getting quotes on a properly sized Cumin's generator set for the house... Will also buy and install a good wood burning heater/stove... I'll have plan A and plan B before next Winter, and The generator set will be in before hurricane season starts... We've been out here for 5 years and have had excellent electrical service. We've never lost power really other than one time and they sent us a notice that power would be interrupted over a few day period for some maintenance... It was out maybe 1-2 hours total over that time... But having said that, I don't want to put myself in a situation where I have been this past week where if power had gone out, I had no way of running anything and no way of heating anything...

Comment

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
                          Get a jet oil and stock up OME mountain house foods small and portable for camping and works well in emergencies
                          I’ve got a good bit of camping gear, and this has been my favorite little stove for non back packing usage. Kinda spendy, but awesome quality and works better than most.

This works really well also, but not quite as portable. I’ve cooked on it plenty at home though. Both run off the $3-4 Coleman 1 lb canisters.

Blackstone 17 table top griddle is basically meant for cooking burgers, hot dogs and breakfast for your family camping. It is handy in use as size is 17" inches only. Shop table top griddle at Blackstoneproducts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Nothing really, we are not missing a beat.[emoji854]
                            I may learn more about a well for my pool filling, yard sprinklers and if we loose water during bad weather. Some of my neighbors have them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                            Do it. We have a well that can run off my generator and it’s plumbed to my sprinkler system and the bedroom/bathroom in my detached boat garage. I didn’t think of any of it but previous homeowner did and I’m a fan

Comment

We have a couple 7500 generators that worked really well but thinking to get another one that runs dual fuel, anyone run a dual fuel off propane during this episode? If so how long will it run on a single 20lb bottle?

Comment

New battery for my welder, and LED lantern

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X