X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick View Post
    on snow, yes it helps a lot

on actual ice, not so much

But if your truck is lifted and u have big tires, you are invincible. at least that is what drivers seem to think here

This week has exposed all of the lifted 2wd trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
      on snow, yes it helps a lot

on actual ice, not so much

But if your truck is lifted and u have big tires, you are invincible. at least that is what drivers seem to think here
      Glad you mentioned the difference in Ice and Snow

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
        Absolutely helps driving AND stopping. Engine braking all 4 wheels slows you down much faster and safer. Lane changing with snow ruts is also much safer and easier. If you stomp on your brakes, all bets are off.
        This ^^^^

Comment

If you’re too dumb to drive in 2WD then you’re too dumb to drive in 4WD. It won’t help you be any better if a driver. It’ll help those who understand how to drive already do so more efficiently.

Comment

Wheelbase is the biggest advantage in ice IMO. The longer the wheelbase the harder it is to spin out of control. That said a moron behind the wheel can lose control regardless.

Comment

absolutely

Comment

If you don't drive like a fool because you have 4wd... definitely. On the road today, I saw lots that had too much confidence because they had it. Only trucks i saw in the ditch were 4x.

Comment

We would be completely stranded with a 2wd...4x4 is worth its weight in gold. No way we could get half the work done around here without it

Comment

For sure it helps!

Comment

I always drive in 2wd till 4wd is needed. If I’m 4x4 and get in a pinch then there is nothing left.

Comment

Yes it does it helps steering and a diesel helps even more with the extra weight in the front, but only on snow and ice.

Comment

Yes. Definitely helps especially getting going but it isn’t magic in ice.

Comment

I drive like I don't have any brakes on snow & ice, because you really don't. Downshift & apply brakes lightly to stop, needless to say don't be hauling butt to begin with.

Comment

4 wheel drive

YES!!! I can drive anywhere I want to with street tires on my old ‘04 1ton dodge. Only issue is on clean road when turning. I can spin all the tires accelerating and it goes where I steer it. Thing to remember is start slowing down way earlier. Hitting the brakes just speeds you up lol. Use engine to slow down. I have 6speed manual so I just downshift.

Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 02-18-2021, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I have been driving my awd Grand Cherokee with no issues at all, my wife’s 2wd armada wouldn’t make it out of the driveway. No matter what you drive, just drive safe. I’ve pulled 12 to 15 stuck people out the past few days some 2wd some 4wd

Comment

Working...
                                X