X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many miles you drive a year?

Comment

Really!!!?
      Didn't you read the "Tundra or Titan" thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        Any comments on any of the 1/2 ton diesel engines?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
        If you're interested in diesel, just get a 3/4 ton. Tundra is a no brainer If the gas mileage bugs you, the next gen tundra's will have WAY better gas mileage, but it won't be as much as a "TRUCK" as the current model tundras. Be a little more neutered like the F-150.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
          If you're interested in diesel, just get a 3/4 ton. Tundra is a no brainer If the gas mileage bugs you, the next gen tundra's will have WAY better gas mileage, but it won't be as much as a "TRUCK" as the current model tundras. Be a little more neutered like the F-150.

Comment

Tundra hands down.

Comment

I have a 2020 ram eco diesel 4x4 crew cab and I love it. I have 20,000 miles on it and no issues. It gets a combined 25-26 running around town. When I I get it on the highway 28-29. One time with 1200lbs of feed in the back on the way to the lease 100 miles I got 27.1 mpg for the trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was trying to make the same decision in December. I was only considering a Tundra or the F150 though as I have had horrible experiences with Dodge and Chevy. I ended up choosing a Platinum F150 FX4 Crew Cab with the 3.5 Ecoboost (375 HP & 470 Torque) and the 38 gallon fuel tank. I drive a minimum of 110 miles per day and sometimes much more so the Tundra's gas mileage would have made a big difference in fuel cost. I've already put 7800 miles on my truck since early December. Right now I average about 18mpg with a mix of city and highway, driving 80-85 when on the highway. I'm sure it would do better if I would keep my foot out of it. It would have been maybe 13mpg with the Tundra in the same scenario. The next factor was how dated the Tundra has become. They are in major need of updates to keep up with the other manufacturers. I am a huge Toyota fan but I felt they were behind Ford in interior amenities, comfort, technology, etc. When your in a truck as much as me everyday, it makes a difference. They are due to release the new Tundra next year but I didn't want to wait. The decked out Tundra is cheaper than a decked out F150, but at the end of the day, I just liked the Ford better. That may change next time after the new Tundra's are released.
                Last edited by Pineywoods; 01-28-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                    When you say “neutered” what do you mean. I had a 2009 and a 2019 tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 and neither would run or tow with the new 5.0 or especially the 3.5 ecoboost. Both Tundras were good stout trucks, and I never had any problems with either of them.

Comment

In half ton, GMC 6.2, or Ford Raptor. Dodge TRX is way too rare at this point, and Chevy's are just horrifically ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                        When you say “neutered” what do you mean. I had a 2009 and a 2019 tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 and neither would run or tow with the new 5.0 or especially the 3.5 ecoboost. Both Tundras were good stout trucks, and I never had any problems with either of them.

Yep the 5.7 Tundra is lacking quite a bit in performance compared to the current 5.0 Coyote and the 3.5 Ecoboost, especially if you get the F150 limited with the 450hp Ecoboost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tundra, they hardly ever have issues

Comment

I have been driving Fords for quite a while. All company trucks withe the 5.0 and i got 16-18 mpg combined. That was 2008-2015. Put multiple trucks to 180,000 miles before swapping and little to no repairs. 99% just routine maintenance.

I have heard a ton about Tundra’s durability and their following. However, knowing fuel will get more and more costly with crazy joe in the WH, i would stay away from the Tundra and go with the more improved Ecoboost. What bugs were there at inception have been fixed.

Can’t say much for Chevy. Never owned one, mostly because their interiors were ugly to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Tundra is one of the easiest to work on. None of the cylinders are under the dash, like every other MFG

Comment

GM Trail Boss or F150 Limited or Raptor. Can't miss on these.

Comment

Working...
                                X