No announcement yet.

Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I moved Into mostly cash and bonds today. Will buy back into stocks when we dip down to sub 2900 SP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      I moved Into mostly cash and bonds today. Will buy back into stocks when we dip down to sub 2900 SP

Pretty aggressive move. S&P is only 7% above that entry point. I hate bonds so bad that I would rather be in cash or just ride the equity roller coaster. Bonds have too much risk and absolutely no upside in my opinion.

Comment

Stock Markets

Originally posted by STGS View Post
        Pretty aggressive move. S&P is only 7% above that entry point. I hate bonds so bad that I would rather be in cash or just ride the equity roller coaster. Bonds have too much risk and absolutely no upside in my opinion.

I should of clarified, a bond index fund in my 401k for stability. I think we dip some more before we return to 3400 SP and 29k Dow, then I’ll move back into stock funds.We will see, maybe we won’t but I recovered all my COVID loss and then some so far.

Comment

Can’t complain about the rebound so far, but not all stocks have bounced like others. Still short of where it was but still put in monthly even during the downturn. Hoping it still goes up more.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
            Ha. I told my dad that I thought Penn National Gaming was a good buy when it was under $5......I fooled around and didn't do anything and didn't buy any. Here we are 2.5 months later and it is $32+ share. Would have, should have, could have.......didn't! Oh well. I am no worse off than when I started but it would be nice to have an extra $50-60K in the bank.

Hoping oil continue to trends upward and the stock market continues to do its thing. If we can get over $40 for any length of time, I think people will start getting a little more active!

I went pretty heavy, at least for me, on Cracker Barrel and Royal Caribbean in early April. Both are looking great so far. Old people are ready to get back to eating out and cruising.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I went pretty heavy, at least for me, on Cracker Barrel and Royal Caribbean in early April. Both are looking great so far. Old people are ready to get back to eating out and cruising.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LOL...I should have thought of this!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                LOL...I should have thought of this!

Mom and Dad had to cancel a cruise with the grandkids....that’s when I knew I had a future winner.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Mom and Dad had to cancel a cruise with the grandkids....that’s when I knew I had a future winner.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LOL....I know your mom and dad have been stir crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                    LOL....I know your mom and dad have been stir crazy!

If that woman don’t turn off Fox News....I’m giving her Covid!!!![emoji52][emoji15][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

if that woman don’t turn off fox news....i’m giving her covid!!!![emoji52][emoji15][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                      lmao!

Comment

Dow Futures up over 700 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                          Dow Futures up over 700 this morning.
                          Dow up 675 points 5 minutes into trading. Payroll numbers were a surprise and the market liked them.... Interested to see if the positivity holds throughout the day. Friday's can be fickle.

Comment

man for once in my life, i timed this one perfect. In january i sensed the covid thing would cause themarket to crash, so i transferred my funds that followed the S&P 500 to a more secure stable fund. When the dow hit 23,500 i transferred it back and man i'm loving live right now.

I had about 80k in that fund at the time so i'm getting some really nice growth right now... hope it does go back up to the 29000 range!

Comment

AAL up 100% in the last 2 days. RCL up 50% this week. HAL is up 110% in the last month. Sure wish I would have bought some of those a month ago. Oh wait.....I did. Turned my $1200 stimulus into $2000 in less than a month.

Comment

Dow pushed through 27,000 with some relative ease. Again, I am anxious to see if we can close the day above that threshold. Time will tell.....
                                Last edited by STGS; 06-05-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X