No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Discussion 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to hear I saw that euro right this morning. After last year, I won’t say there’s no way a crazy model run can be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Won’t sniff the gulf

Comment

Be careful what you ask for

Comment

About right, we’re going to the coast for a few days. I’ll take the rain, but not the rest.

Comment

Following.

Comment

This definitely has my attention. Euro continues to show a lot of rain for TX. Storm comes ashore as a TS this run(weaker) in SE LA on Wednesday, but gets shunted W & SW by the strengthening ridge to the N & E in the days following.. Near Lake Charles Thursday,Over Houston area Friday morning, further S&W towards San Antonio by Saturday, then just kinda meanders around South & Central Texas until the run ends on Tuesday. Some big time rain for San Antonio & Austin areas if that were to verify, and pretty healthy totals for the Houston area. Doesn't appear to be a wind threat at this time, but certainly a widespread rain threat at this time. If this slows down while in the Gulf, all bets are off as it will have more time to get going. Still talking a good ways out if this verifies, and there is lots of time for things to evolve so keep an eye on the weather services in the coming days.
              Last edited by ccbluewater; 09-01-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Hope this storm doesn’t grow into one of the Cape Verde systems.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Won’t sniff the gulf

There's always that one...[emoji12]

Comment

There’s definitely a cat 5 Hurricane rolling into Dallas at 6:30 pm tomorrow night!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                      There’s definitely a cat 5 Hurricane rolling into Dallas at 6:30 pm tomorrow night!

[emoji849]

Lol

Comment

Yeah, we can definitely do without 30 inches of rain in Houston. Barely been a year...

I know most of the state could use some rain though.

Comment

I am praying it doesn't drop that much rain here in Houston.

Comment

Tag

Comment

watched an update from one of our local Beaumont channels tonight. It said that the storm is almost for sure going to enter the gulf in about a day without significantly hitting Florida or Cuba to weaken it. The two most likely scenarios mentioned are for it to make landfall as a strong tropical storm/weak hurricane near the Mississippi/Bama/Fla panhandle area, and then shoot straight west and dump 8-20 inches of rain on us around Thursday, or... get pushed south further into the gulf, then hook up northwest and hit somewhere on the upper Texas coast or Louisiana as possibly a stronger storm. Of course, there are a couple of days for things to change, and hopefully something does, because neither of those options is particularly appealing for southeast Texas.

Comment

We for sure don't even want to hear about storms in SETX.

Comment

Working...
                                X