Tint law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
    Many, many years ago when I was a volunteer firefighter in my small town the local cops would come by the station to eat lunch or chill for a bit. We got in the subject of tint, mufflers, slightly blocked license plates and other odd laws. He said they never pull anyone over just for that. However if they thought they needed to pull you over those type laws made a good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. It is called a pretext stop or a fishing expedition, upheld in a unanimous Supreme Court in Whren g. US.

Even RBG voted in that one.

Comment

So how does the law read now tvc? Is 20% illegal? Kinda thought maybe the sunset act killed the law.

Comment

I have limo and an eyebrow around every vehicle I drive. Until last year, never had any issues.. last year had to take my vehicles to a few places until someone didn't whine about it at inspection.

Only time it sucks is backing a boat down the ramp in on a dark morning, other than that well worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

25% legal on front door windows. Dark as you want everywhere else.

Comment

We can legally go 5% tint on all of our windows do to our daughters vision conditions but my wife and I decided not too. Id hate to go out for dinner, have a drink and get pulled over for tint. We went 5% back, 30 front.

Comment

Seems like you get nailed for darker on the front two windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                I literally just came from having my car tinted. I asked why do they let you go dark as you want everywhere but the sides? I asked is it a vision thing or LEO safety thing? He said, he thinks it’s a vision thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post

You can complete black out the back windows . The front are a different story .

Comment

Originally posted by chwoodall View Post
                    I have limo and an eyebrow around every vehicle I drive. Until last year, never had any issues.. last year had to take my vehicles to a few places until someone didn't whine about it at inspection.

Only time it sucks is backing a boat down the ramp in on a dark morning, other than that well worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                    Roll your windows down. That's what I do in low light conditions.

Comment

It is in Sugar land, and highway patrol.

Comment

My (new to me) 2018 F250 has limo all around and a 8” limo brow. I have to admit. I really like it during the day. But it can be a PITA it at night. So not sure if I’m gonna pull it off yet. But as far as inspection and police. I have not had a problem. But I do live in a town of 2,500 so that might help

Comment

I stop for it all the time. Tint meter in passenger door as well as everyone else I work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stupid reason to give someone a ticket but yeah unfortunately there’s some cops that are about it and it happened to me the other week. Gave me a ticket for it. Truck got stolen about 2 weeks after it so can’t tell you price of ticket for it since I didn’t make it that far with the process. But I’ll continue to get dark tint hate people being able to “window shop”

Comment

Originally posted by ShooterJr. View Post
                              Stupid reason to give someone a ticket but yeah unfortunately there’s some cops that are about it and it happened to me the other week. Gave me a ticket for it. Truck got stolen about 2 weeks after it so can’t tell you price of ticket for it since I didn’t make it that far with the process. But I’ll continue to get dark tint hate people being able to “window shop”

Ticket is about 180 . Speaking from experience. Been a few years since I had a ticket .

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                                I stop for it all the time. Tint meter in passenger door as well as everyone else I work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                So Oklahoma said 25% is good. What percentage are you ticketing at%

Comment

Working...
                                X