Accord vs. Sonata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord vs. Sonata

I am looking at buying my wife (well, she is looking at buying) a new car with better MPG since she is about to start back on site working in the next few weeks.

She is really liking the Honda Accord and the Hyundai Sonata. They both offer equivalent room, pretty close on the MPG's... Hyundai offers the better warranty and is a few grand cheaper for comparable trim level BUT Honda holds the better resale value.

Any advice from someone who has owned either of these cars?

My wife has a 2014 Kia Optima. 110,000 miles with no issues. Oil changes, brakes, tires, and battery are the only things we've done.

Not sure on Honda or Sonata, but hers did not come with a spare tire or jack. I bought the spare tire package aftermarket- don't want a flat without a spare.

The battery in it is some kind of "smart" battery- only one option and if I remember right it was $250 to replace.

Comment

My cousin drives a Honda Accord with 330K still as a daily driver. if I were in the market for one that's what I would buy.

Comment

Honda

Comment

Honda all the way, only thing my wife will drive. She has had the Accord, civic and a Pilot no issues with any of them.

Comment

I bought my wife Honda Accord new in 2013.
            Still use it as a commuter with about 180k miles on it. Just changed the tires and oil.

My sister in law bought a Sonota new in 2014... Had multiple issues and it left her stranded a few times

Comment

The Honda Accord looks better anyways! Thanks for the input!!!

Comment

If I'm keeping it for a long time, Honda. No question.

Comment

Between those 2, Honda.
                  I am still not sold on turbo charged gas motors and cvt transmissions. Therefore, we went with the Toyota Camry.

Comment

We have a Honda Odyssey and it is the best built vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’ve also been in a wreck with. Hyundai rental car. The crumple zone did what it was supposed to do but the amount of styrofoam and plastic that were exposed was not comforting.

Comment

Ive had Hondas in the past. We recently traded Santa Fe for the new Sonora. We love it. Lots of room, great on gas. We also like the 60k mile everything covered warranty. We had a fender fall off because of a mishap. They replaced it for free, no questions asked. I like both but Honda may have better resale value

Comment

My money is on Honda but you can’t knock the Hyundai for what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                          I bought my wife Honda Accord new in 2013.
                          Still use it as a commuter with about 180k miles on it. Just changed the tires and oil.

My sister in law bought a Sonota new in 2014... Had multiple issues and it left her stranded a few times
                          This . . Bought a Buick Encore . .

Comment

My wife had a 2016 Sonata that was the biggest piece of **** I've ever owned. Car was whatever the highest trim level was (Platinum maybe?) so was very comfortable but constantly in the shop, constant oil leaks/burning oil. Over a year worth of taking it to the shop every month for "monitoring" before they finally replaced the head which still didn't fix it. Car was burning a quart per 1k miles. As soon as they fixed it the last time and I saw it was already a quart low again 1000 miles later I traded it in.

Comment

Honda.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X