Fredericksburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredericksburg

Going for the weekend to Fredericksburg...what are the best places to eat and also things to do there ? Thanks !

We will be there tomorrow after going to property in Mountain Home. Staying at La Quinta right on 290. So everyone has a different opinion but here goes. Old German Bakery is a must for us every time we’re there. Get there early for breakfast and lunch. Closed Wednesday and Thursday. Alamo Springs for burgers, and other things, and live music. Off of OSR. Plenty of axis, whitetail, and turkey to be spied out as well on the way to the Springs. The Bat Cave is at the Springs as well. Enchanted rock if you have good knees and like to hike. Pacific War museum can take a while but worth it. Plenty of girly stuff to follow momma around in as well. Trade Days, winery’s, LBJ ranch is down at Johnson City. They are actually buried on their ranch which is pretty cool. Head to Kerrville and drive up the hill to the ji normous Cross. Bring sharpie cause you can write down prayers on the rocks up there. Very cool. My two cents.
    Last edited by Hogmauler; 03-31-2021, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Search Fredericksburg on here. Atleast 2 of these post each month. With a wealth of info in each one.

Comment

If you like wine, I’d recommend Grape Creek Winery. It’s my favorite over there.

Honda’s on Main usually has decent live music.

Enchanted Rock State Park is nearby and worth checking out.

Comment

Hondo's and Crossroads has good food and good music
          Enchanted rock is really cool
          Los Cazadores in Stonewall is cool
          Luckenbach is worth the trip
          Yeehaw ranch and winery
          Old German Bakery
          Pacific War museum

Comment

Fredericksburg

Old German Bakery for breakfast.

Alamo Springs Cafe for possibly the best burger in the state!

Alstadt Brewery for a great beer!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If youre doing Enchanted Rock, get there early. Parking lot fills fast and there will be a line down the highway waiting to get in

Comment

It may already be too late but get reservations now for whatever you want to do. My wife and I went a few weeks ago (I started a thread with a lot of good info) and just about everything mentioned here was already booked for the Friday night we were there.

With that said, there are plenty of places where reservations weren't needed and we still had a great time. I will second Alstadt Brewery, it is a cool place. Sunset Grill was great for breakfast. Check in online ahead of time and the wait is minimal. Auslander was pretty good as well for dinner and it wasn't super crowded. Have fun

Comment

Safari Winery is my new favorite.
                  And...all of the above

Comment

And they have wine tours if your in the mood to get blasted!

Comment

I never see the Western Edge listed on here, but it is near to Hondo's and Crossroads, and has really good food. It is difficult to get past their appetizers.

Comment

We will be there this weekend as well. Going to do some tree trimming and brush clearing at the ranch and then Easter weekend activities.

There is so much to do.

I would highly recommend the Alstadt brewery for sure. If there is anything going on in Luckenbach, check that out. There is also Albert Ice House and Garrison Brothers Distillery. Main street is cool for shopping and there is a gun shop out on HWY 16 toward Llano. Enchanted Rock (9 miles from our property) will need reservations.

There is so much to do that you cant do it all in a weekend. Have fun. We will be out and about on Friday and Saturday evening.

Comment

Garrison Brother's Distillery

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            Search Fredericksburg on here. Atleast 2 of these post each month. With a wealth of info in each one.
                            Yep!
                            Or, just throw a rock and geaux inside and enjoy. All good F'berg with lots to deaux and see. I need to head to the ranch soon now that I think about it.

Comment

I'll be there this weekend also. We have tickets for the Pacific War Museum, but that is about the only thing planned. Enchanted Rock didn't have any availability when we wanted to go. If you see anyone breaking up a fight between blonde haired 5 and 8 yo boys its probably me. Staying in a VRBO on a couple hundred acres N of town.

Comment

Working...
                              X