Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this place before you bought it and you are doing a great job

Comment

Had some friends over to the house last night and had a little too much fun, which resulted in a pretty late departure this morning. It was my daughter’s turn to join me otherwise I may have scrapped the trip altogether. We had a Braum’s lunch, dropped off some material, installed a new solar Tactacam, and installed solar panels on my other two cameras. Did a little scouting for a new hunting spot and before we knew it we had to load up and head home! I expect to get some solid work in next weekend so should have a more productive build update to provide then.

Comment

Heck yeah. Way to go dad!

Comment

Greatness, how are you liking the Oklahoma life?

Comment

Love it!

Comment

My scheduled framing weekend 2 weeks ago was cancelled due to conflicting work schedules with my buddies who had planned on helping me. But where one door closes another opens, making room for my dad to come spend some OK time with me. I had good intentions of making framing progress but don’t think I even touched the nail gun. Day 1, while waiting for Dad to roll in, I moved my 10’ millennium tripod to a different feeder where my target 10pt had been making regular, early am appearances. I was committed to sealing the deal the following morning so I hit the stand at 4am in hopes of beating him to the area. As luck would have it he must have decided to bed down within 10 yards of my tripod because all hell broke loose when I started climbing up. He steered clear of me the rest of the weekend. We decided to do some exploring on Saturday, likely displacing most of the deer in the process, but I hadn’t walked brush with my dad in years and it was much needed. As usual we ate well and stayed hydrated. We also assembled the Redneck Blind I picked up from Dale, and gave it a new home where I had set the 10’ tripod the day before.

My office was closed today so I headed north around 7pm last night, determined to sling an arrow in the general direction of just about anything. I made it into the Redneck undetected this morning but let a couple doe, a yearling buck, and a young 8pt walk while hoping for a shooter. A lone, black and white boar pushed everyone out around 8:30 and gave me the opportunity to test my new Grim Reapers, which performed flawlessly. I drug him behind a tree and spun the feeder again, producing more deer but no shooters, and my hunt ended soon after.

My neighbor and I have been trying to meet up for about 2 months now to get my Tank Blind on its platform but we just haven’t been able to get together. He had let me know he’d be free today so he drove over mid morning and knocked the job out in a couple minutes with his FEL and hay forks. I got the subfloor bolted to the platform and my 9 month project is now finally in its permanent spot. The “Borracho Taco” blind is open for business! We’ll get back to framing at some point but I was just glad to get up there for half a day and actually cross something off the to do list!

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

The blind looks great. Glad you finally got it elevated.

Comment

WoW, great thread!!! Keep up the good work, fabulous looking place.

Comment

Y’all are making and going to make some great memories on this place! Congratulations

Comment

That’s a great looking spot, good luck.

Comment

Ah framing can always wait! Good stuff!

Comment

I took advantage of our company’s newly observed three day holiday and headed north Friday after work. Despite Saturday being the last day of hunting season I opted for a work weekend to see if I could make some framing progress. Saturday met me with cold temps, frozen pipes, and a little snow but I made decent progress nonetheless. Britt and the kids came up Sunday to spend the night and their timing couldn’t have been better as I was worn out and ready for some company. I was able to get walls up on both bathrooms, our bedroom, and our closet, then knocked out the ceiling joists in the two guest bedrooms. Started framing in the window wall in our bedroom and got the windows tacked up. My last project before hitting the road this afternoon was to frame the rough opening for our slider door. 10’ 2x12 headers aren’t fun when you’re tired and out of shape but I got it done. The 2x12s are overkill but I had them so I used them. I’ll continue to use the overhead doors to secure the build until we’re fully sealed in at which point I will pull the doors from the inside. I’m quickly realizing that if I don’t start paying folks this project will outlive me but I’m having a hard time writing that first labor check!

Until next time!

Comment

Just keeps getting better and better.

Rwc

Comment

Excellent stuff! Everything takes twice as long. Progress looks good!

Comment

Working...
                                X