X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaugural TBH Oklahoma Big Buck Contest, East vs West! "Mod Approved"

Inaugural TBH Oklahoma Big Buck Contest
    East vs. West

Alright gentlemen! For all of the green screeners that hunt north of the Red River we are going to launch the first, hopefully to be annual, East vs. West Oklahoma TBH Big Buck Contest! Entry is totally free! Just chime in with your participation/region and you will be entered!

• Must be a member of TBH who joined on or before August 1st of the contest year.

• East vs. West dividing line will be the Indian Nation Turnpike that stops in Henryetta and continues on to the state line as 75 to Kansas. See map below.

• Animal must be taken with Archery Equipment Only. Traditional/Compound/Crossbow.

• 100% fair chase only.

• Outfitter entries are not allowed.

• Private, leased, or public land entries within the state of Oklahoma are eligible.

• Rankings will be determined by the top 3 grossing entries. Nets are for fishing!

• Scoring must be performed by an official measurer from the B&C or P&Y Official List. https://www.boone-crockett.org/offic...asurer-locator

• Final measurements must be in 60 days after the last entry or April 1st. This will ensure that participants have plenty of time to accommodate the 60 day drying period for official measurement. The 60 day drying period is not a requirement for entry, but is usually a requirement for the measurer selected.

• A picture of you, the animal, carcass tag number, and official scoring sheet with scorer information must be posted to be considered for official rankings.

• The East vs. West crown will be awarded to the region in which the 1st place entry was taken.

• Contest will officially end at midnight on the 16th of January 2021.

PRIZES

• Prizes this year consist of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place metal signs that will be custom made by our very own Saltaholic! All of the signs will feature the same basic design, but have a custom made likeness of the deer you entered to win! Final design of the sign will be ongoing, but finished and posted prior to the end of the archery season on 15 January 2021.

• Along with the personalized sign a custom made skinner, made by TBH’s very own Bjankowski, with custom engraving and leather sheath will also be awarded for all three rankings. Design updates with pictures will be posted as they move along in the process!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave; 07-22-2020, 10:03 AM.

In/East side!

Comment

East side

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in! East side here

Comment

East side....and this might not be fair. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
            East side....and this might not be fair. [emoji6]
            That's what I was thinking. Haha.

Maybe Oklahoma VS Mexico

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am super excited about this endeavor and honored to be involved in this. I thank you brother Darton for reaching out to me and enjoyed our conversations concerning this. I see it one day exploding and becoming bigger and bigger with every year that follows. For you all that don’t know Darton is financing all of this out his own pocket not asking for anything all proceeds go directly to the winners. I’m anxious for the day when we can have a local gathering at the end of the tournament and meet each other in person.

I’m presently working with a few sporting good stores in Oklahoma that will be selling my knives and I’m certainly passing this information to all.
              Thanks again brother for putting this event together; that’s what it’s all about, promoting the sport of bow hunting and good sportsmanship.
              Thanks.

Comment

I’m in! East side (soon to be).

Comment

I appears the West side boys may still be in bed

Thanks for chiming in Bjankowski, I am really looking forward to working with you and very much appreciate your participation in this event!

Post up your prospective targets boys! We still have a little while before game time
                  Last edited by Darton; 07-18-2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post

Thanks for chiming in Bjankowski, I am really looking forward to working with you and very much appreciate your participation in this event!

Post up your prospective targets boys! We still have a little while before game time
                    Ha ha west side boys lost the lease are I definitely would be in . Back to Texas I go I guess.

Comment

I'm in West Side

Comment

btw, I will be hunting Haskell and Pusmataha counties using a Matthews Halon 32 with Bloodline arrows tipped with garden variety Rage broad heads. At the awards ceremony where my first and second place bucks and the East are honored I’ll have the American flag and anthem raised. Afterwards I plan on raffling the autographed bow, 8x10 glossy of myself holding said bow, second custom sign and skinner and donating the proceeds to a good cause.....all this is assuming I can hunt rather than spending all my time acting as guide for the kids!

In a all seriousness, this should be a great contest. I appreciate Darton organizing and funding this. We certainly have a lot of skilled TBHr’s in the Sooner State! Also, things are looking up in terms of deer in Oklahoma. Below is a link to the 2018-19 Harvest Report. It is insightful regarding the harvest by week, sex taken, etc.

Image Image Image , Deer Archery Season In the past two seasons, archers have set new records for single-season harvest. While that wasn’t the case for the 2018-19 season,

Looking forward to this season!

Comment

In west side. Hope my Mcaap hunting spot pays off this year. lol

Comment

I'm in! West Side.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post

You are certainly welcome brother, you have my number if you need anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X