• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck on that Rusty.

Comment

Enjoying this thread!

Comment

Can't say enough good things about dukes dog proof traps. I caught five last night out of eight traps but as big as your place is. You could run 60 traps year round. You are correct though. It's a never ending battle kill 50 and 75 will take their place.

Comment

I am learning very quickly that feeding corn and protein year round isn't enough to grow big bucks.

It requires time, dedication, passion, knowledge and the most important part "heart".

Comment

Here is the latest scheme to thwart the coons. Wrapped roof flashing from top of spout to bottom of feeder. No place for a coon to sit. Camera is out and if this works will set up shop and do all the feeders.

Would love to take credit for this idea but actually another TBH er gave me the idea by using a 5 gal bucket on top of his feeders. Green screen to the rescue

Feeding 1 1/2 tons a week now so anything to slow coons down is considered.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
              Here is the latest scheme to thwart the coons. Wrapped roof flashing from top of spout to bottom of feeder. No place for a coon to sit. Camera is out and if this works will set up shop and do all the feeders.

Would love to take credit for this idea but actually another TBH er gave me the idea by using a 5 gal bucket on top of his feeders. Green screen to the rescue

Feeding 1 1/2 tons a week now so anything to slow coons down is considered.
              Can't wait to see the results!! I have a coon problem in Mexico!! I need a solution ASAP. Keep me posted.....

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
                Can't wait to see the results!! I have a coon problem in Mexico!! I need a solution ASAP. Keep me posted.....
                golden malrin
                will kill all coons and varmits, deer wont touch it
                mix it with coke

Tractor Supply Co. is the source for farm supplies, pet and animal feed and supplies, clothing, tools, fencing, and so much more. Buy online and pick up in store is available at most locations. Tractor Supply Co. is your source for the Life Out Here lifestyle!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                  golden malrin
                  will kill all coons and varmits, deer wont touch it
                  mix it with coke

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...-fly-bait-1-lb
                  It will also kill everything that eats those dead coons and varmits. Buzzards, Coyotes, Hawks, Hogs, etc. It is some bad stuff. I wouldn't suggest using it for anything other than flys.

Comment

Very familiar with golden malarin. Been fighting the battle with that for several years. Hard to win. My strategy is to 'coon proof' the feeders to solve the problem. The coons then can live on nuts and berries!

Comment

This is just awesome! I've learned so much just on reading alone! Keep up the awesome work my friend!!!

Comment

Subscribed...

Comment

Very interesting and informative thread, thanks and keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by easttx View Post
                            it will also kill everything that eats those dead coons and varmits. Buzzards, coyotes, hawks, hogs, etc. It is some bad stuff. I wouldn't suggest using it for anything other than flys.
                            well that all sounds good to me lol
                            i always had a guy remove the bodies the next day and put them in the ground. Trust me i was scared that the deer would get in it but they never did. If you want to be safe and can be there everyday then i would use the dog proof coon trap. We have had great results with that when we were there. But nothing comes close to the golden malrin in wiping out the population quickly.

Comment

Elgato, what part of La is your place ? My families properties are in Avoyelles, Bienville and Jackson parishes. Really enjoyed catching up and reading your thread

Comment

^^^ Central La. Rapides parish. Glad you enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X