X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look on the bright side the Eagles are tied for first place again

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      I will agree with Smart 100%, Jerry wants to win a SB probably more than anyone in the NFL, I don't think money plays into this, the team is worth 5B so there is no telling what Jerry's net worth really is. He has not hired the right head coach, that is his only fault ( at least for the past 5 years ) I think with Stephen and McClay they have a very good management team.
      But this is a very critical fault if you want to win a SB. I think the cowboys have as much talent as any team today. But do you think Garrett will out coach Zimmer, Payton, Shanahan, McVay, and Carroll to make it to a SB? Then be able to beat Belichick, Reid, or Harbaugh if he would make it to a SB?
      I see no chance in hell of that happening. We can't even beat a fired up Jets team. I'd hate to see us in a big game against any of the aforementioned coaches.
      I think there is a decent chance that the Cowboys don't even make the playoffs this year. Pretty sad with the talent they have, and all healthy for the most part.

Comment

Ok so, Jerry is an NFL owner and doesn’t want to win a super bowl??? C’mon man

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
          Ok so, Jerry is an NFL owner and doesn’t want to win a super bowl??? C’mon man
          He wants to win a SB. Just not enough to hire someone and let them do it their way. It has to be his way. Which he has shown does not work. I wish he'd just coach the team himself. They couldn't be much less successful in the playoffs and it would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than watching the red robot clap and spit.

Comment

Can’t argue that. But it’s laughable to say he would rather sell merchandise than win

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              But this is a very critical fault if you want to win a SB. I think the cowboys have as much talent as any team today. But do you think Garrett will out coach Zimmer, Payton, Shanahan, McVay, and Carroll to make it to a SB? Then be able to beat Belichick, Reid, or Harbaugh if he would make it to a SB?
              I see no chance in hell of that happening. We can't even beat a fired up Jets team. I'd hate to see us in a big game against any of the aforementioned coaches.
              I think there is a decent chance that the Cowboys don't even make the playoffs this year. Pretty sad with the talent they have, and all healthy for the most part.

One can have big time faults and still want it more than anything because they have it so ingrained that their way is the right way... It's human nature....

I too wish he would let go of that part.

Comment

Of course America would never let him live it down if he did that and won one. Just like they did with Jimmy. He's probably still a little gun shy and butthurt for that very reason.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Of all the businesses Jerry owns, I guarantee you none of them are allowed to be as poorly managed as the Cowboys in regards to the team on the field. But they profit over $100 million a year, that we know of. There is no telling what he makes on all of the other concerts and functions at the stadium. Not to mention the concession company which he owns.

If the teams performance on the field was the most important thing to Jerry, then he would have hired better management for it years ago, GM/coach.

For the record, I don’t blame him one bit… I just get tired of hearing his bull**** lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Of all the businesses Jerry owns, I guarantee you none of them are allowed to be as poorly managed as the Cowboys in regards to the team on the field. But they profit over $100 million a year, that we know of. There is no telling what he makes on all of the other concerts and functions at the stadium. Not to mention the concession company which he owns.

If the teams performance on the field was the most important thing to Jerry, then he would have hired better management for it years ago, GM/coach.

For the record, I don’t blame him one bit… I just get tired of hearing his bull**** lies.

so now Jerry is lying to us cover up that he doesn't value winning a Super Bowl. Excellent spin.

Come on man....Jerry's most important thing to him is winning doing it Jerry's way. In whatever he does. Jerry's ego is too big to let anybody do it any other way after the Jimmy fiasco. If there is one thing Jerry values more than another Lombardi it's Jerry 's ego being stroked because of a new Lombardi. Just looked up Jerry's net worth. It is 8.5 billion. At 78....$100 million isn't going to do anything for him like a Lombardi won his way will from an ego standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Come on man....Jerry's most important thing to him is winning doing it Jerry's way. In whatever he does. Jerry's ego is too big to let anybody do it any other way after the Jimmy fiasco. If there is one thing Jerry values more than another Lombardi it's Jerry 's ego being stroked because of a new Lombardi.
                      Exactly...winning his way, not winning. Because his way has been proven to not win for 20+ years. Hasn't even come close and he knows it.

He would never allow any of his businesses to toil in mediocrity that long. Which is proof positive that he doesn't care as much about winning as he does about playing big time fantasy football, and making money.

Comment

Exactly...winning his way, not winning.
                        Are you really going to fall on that sword....LMAO...

Because his way has been proven to not win for 20+ years. Hasn't even come close and he knows it.

He would never allow any of his businesses to toil in mediocrity that long. Which is proof positive that he doesn't care as much about winning as he does about playing big time fantasy football, and making money.

Spin it baby!! Ego is a powerful thing.. Winning it his way is the most important thing...

Comment

Winning his way=not winning, but making loads of money.

That’s the reality of the situation. There is only about 24 years of evidence to prove this is true, ignore it if you want, it’s still there.

Comment

Yup he fell on his sword.....Uncle uncle..

Comment

It’s not a question that the Cowboys are very talented. Jerry can’t accept that he hasn’t won a SB with his coaching decisions in spite of the facts that Red isn’t the answer. He’s reluctant to make a change because he thinks it will be viewed as his failure. I believe he said that coaching decisions contributed to the last loss, maybe he’s figuring out that a change is HIS best way to win a trophy.

Comment

Exactly...winning his way, not winning. Because his way has been proven to not win for 20+ years. Hasn't even come close and he knows it.

I agree with Dale. Jerry wants to win but not enough to make the changes he needs to make to win.

It would be like if Jerry really wanted to catch a 800lb blue marlin but it has to be his way on a Zebco 33 and 10lb test. He really wants to do it but it ain't gonna happen, no matter how badly he wants it. If he really wants to win another SB he better get the right gear (coach) to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X