Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Panhandle Hunting Thread (7th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denson shot a good one on our place yesterday afternoon after basically no movement since Saturday. Lots of rain and cold temps up until after lunch, but when it broke, they started to move. I will let him post the pics.

Of course he cheated and used a rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Denson shot a good one on our place yesterday afternoon after basically no movement since Saturday. Lots of rain and cold temps up until after lunch, but when it broke, they started to move. I will let him post the pics.

Of course he cheated and used a rifle!
      Been a lot of gun kills on tbh this year!
      Last edited by Aggiehunter08; 11-08-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
        Nothing happened in 45 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Bahahahahaha!

They were definitely out and about yesterday afternoon. I wasn't hunting...of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
          Bahahahahaha!

They were definitely out and about yesterday afternoon. I wasn't hunting...of course.
          I was excited to get out there. Arriving to my blind 45 minutes before shooting light is over probably didn't help the cause.
          I have seen a lot of heavy bodied deer this year. I guess we are finally getting some mature bucks back in the herd since the drought?

Comment

Last night was a lot of fun. I had several doe come in and a couple of nice bucks. The bucks were sparring and working a scrape next to my blind. The biggest buck was like a male dog running around pissing every where. There was fawns sucking on momma and does working the same scrape. All of this within 30 yards of me. I love bow hunting!

Only 1 nice 8 this morning. It's been pretty slow.
            Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

2019 Panhandle Hunting Thread (7th Annual!)

I had 3 nice bucks come in this morning and took a big 8. I’ve always wanted a good 8 point for the wall and didn’t think twice when he came out. The massive 225 lb body had me thinking he wasn’t as big as he really was. It was a pleasant surprise when I walked up on him. He is 22 7/8 inside with 5 3/8 bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This guy was taken last night on our place in Kent Co. Quick run of the tape had him at 144 7/8. Live weight of 208. 2s and 3s were all 10.5 to 11.25. Beams and brows kept him from hitting 150".

Comment

Today has been very slow. But in got little man with me. 3 months old and this is 5th sit. Momma and sissy were with him this morning but is guys only this afternoon while the girls hunt from the pink blind.

Comment

Great bucks, y'all! Congrats, slab!

Comment

Anybody have any kind of rut report for hall county or close?

Comment

Brett, bigger bucks were chasing some last weekend in Motley Co.

Comment

Nice deer! I

Comment

After a horrible season last we finally had a break out start this year. Have several new bucks on cams and does finally came back. I got a nice mature buck Sat eve., I knew he was mature when he stepped out, all the other deer left and his body was huge. He turned away briefly and I saw how wide he was. When I walked up on him there was no ground shrinkage! He has a roman nose, several scars, busted ears. I looked in his mouth and he only had 3 teeth! He was definitely past his prime. He's not the best buck out there but he was a good one to take.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Man, that's a beauty!

Comment

Great buck, tef! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X