Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]979612[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]979613[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by mtnbucks26; 11-09-2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

The one in the dark was the last blood I found tonight after picking the trail back up. There were 3 piles like that very close together.. then lost it. Could have dropped down a ridge maybe and thats why it went dry. That was heavier blood then I had seen in awhile

Thank you all very much for the replies . Man I hate loosing deer
      Last edited by mtnbucks26; 11-09-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Let me know if this works. Ill try to do a cpl more .

Last edited by mtnbucks26; 11-09-2019, 01:32 AM.

Comment

hope you guys like the videos. did best I could with my video skills. He was grunting at her too bt wasn't able to get on camera. Hopefully can find him tomorrow, When that sun hits his antlers he looks really good !
          Last edited by mtnbucks26; 11-09-2019, 01:57 AM.

Comment

rooting for you brother! good luck

Comment

Nailed down one of our culls this morning at 39 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                Nailed down one of our culls this morning at 39 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on the cull. Wanted to update on situation. Tracked a really long ways into the next neighbors property. Waited for permission to go back but they are hunting back there and don't want me blowing it all out for them. They said they would look for me and look for buzzards etc. This really sucks . Feeling sick to my stomach. In a way loose motivation to go get in the woods after loosing a deer. Maybe he is still alive but the fact I had good blood after such a long ways from the shot makes me think he is dead or will die - or as you all pointed out the coyotes got to him.

Even tho he was a cull buck for our property he was still a trophy in my book bc of his age . And you couldn't have asked for a better encounter and hunt. He would have been my biggest mtn buck to date . And probably one I would have been most proud of even tho I've killed much larger bucks.

Anyways good luck to everyone - we have some great weather on the way and should be really good the next week. Ill keep up to date if anything changes

Comment

Neighbor said he looked were I marked last blood and all around for hours with no luck. Maybe he will show back up on one of the cameras

Comment

I’m sure you noticed but that deer was walking, that’s a good sign. Should see him back in cam. All blood you showed in pics was deer standing still for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The videos I posted were all actually right up to the shot. Looking back I should have just shot him in his bed at 25 yards but it was almost an hour before I decided I was gonna shoot him. The doe eventually spotted me and he followed her up the hill to my right giving me a 30 yard shot. I had to stand up move to the left to shoot through the only hole.

Yea I mean there were drops of blood all along his trail with bigger piles every so on. I guess thats where he stopped.

Appreciate everyones help and support. Hopefully he will be back on cam or ill get another shot at him later in the season.

Comment

Finally got a big shooter on cam. Now just got to try and get after him. Only one picture and at 4am but dam thats a huge 8 pointer (to me anyways ). What do you guys think he will score? Wonder how tall his g2 and g3 are. Antlersboy almost looks like that one you posted pics of earlier this year.

Thinking I will punch my tag for not recovering that other buck and making a poor shot. I looked at the distance I tracked blood and it was right at a mile.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7411.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	24599270

Comment

Bumping 140 and healthy, 4 year old deer you should get a couple chances at him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Hope he does come out in daylight !

Comment

Anybody else hunting this cold front for next few days?

Comment

Working...
                                X