Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	24596859

Another club buck......I’d shoot him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang! Chase that thing towards Cloudy!

Comment

From what me and my dad saw this weekend is no chasing or rutting at all. He saw mostly young bucks and no doe.

I saw young doe and yound bucks all weekend the same deer depending on what set I was at. The same resident deer from summer minus my mature bucks. No new deer really on any camera.

I was there when this picture was taken but at another set. Cant hunt here with a south wind. Would like to have seen him in person.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

He'll be back. Stay after him.

Comment

Anyone good at identifying saddles on Topo maps? I think I found a few but not exactly sure what I'm looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
              Anyone good at identifying saddles on Topo maps? I think I found a few but not exactly sure what I'm looking at.

One thing the ONX app could certainly benefit from is the capability to highlight elevation ranges. Similar to my marine electronics. Would be cool to select a min of 800 and max of 900 feet. You could zoom out and clearly see the highest areas and where they connected to other ridges to locate saddles.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                From what me and my dad saw this weekend is no chasing or rutting at all. He saw mostly young bucks and no doe.

I saw young doe and yound bucks all weekend the same deer depending on what set I was at. The same resident deer from summer minus my mature bucks. No new deer really on any camera.

I was there when this picture was taken but at another set. Cant hunt here with a south wind. Would like to have seen him in person.

Our hunting has basically been the same as yours. Not very much feeder activity either, except under the cover of darkness, or right in mid-day. The deer we’re seeing are resident young does and young bucks running around all over for the most part.

One mature buck spotted 150 yards from one set then another the next day walking out of a set right after legal shooting ended.

It’s just that time of year for them to behave that way. I’ve seen it at a lot of places I’ve hunted. Maybe this week the pattern will shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Agreed, I have several pics of mature bucks from last week at all times of day and then this weekend, I hunted all weekend and saw a few small bucks and doe. Zero chasing. I will say, the deer hit the feeders quick but are concentrating on acorns for the most part. the last few frosts and rain really dropped the acorns.

Comment

I do t know how you guys are hunting and would not tell you any different if I did. But will throw this out there does do not like being cornered at feeders, find those bedding areas get down wind with small 5/10 lb chum piles and hunt them stupid hours. Get out of bed at 9/10 and hunt downwind bedding from 10/11 - 3/4 in afternoon

Comment

The rut was in full swing in Latimer county this weekend. Seen multiple mature bucks chasing and checking.

Comment

There are saddles in all these mountains up here bud anywhere your topo lines do not run with mountain you have saddle or drain. Zoom way out and look for 2 circles close together with at least three to four lines in between them on each side and you have a good saddle.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1981.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	24597059

Comment

If anyone is hunting the WMA and doesn’t have ONX app. This is a pretty good Oklahoma wma map with several base layers.
                          There’s a shaded topo map that’s helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlersBoy View Post
                            I do t know how you guys are hunting and would not tell you any different if I did. But will throw this out there does do not like being cornered at feeders, find those bedding areas get down wind with small 5/10 lb chum piles and hunt them stupid hours. Get out of bed at 9/10 and hunt downwind bedding from 10/11 - 3/4 in afternoon

I dont hunt feeders. Mostly travel routes. Chum piles not really working right now. I will say these deer on this place simply do not hit corn or feed like the deer we hunted in Snow would.

Last edited by arrowslinger; 11-04-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlersBoy View Post
                              There are saddles in all these mountains up here bud anywhere your topo lines do not run with mountain you have saddle or drain. Zoom way out and look for 2 circles close together with at least three to four lines in between them on each side and you have a good saddle.[ATTACH]979060[/ATTACH]

I think I found a couple I put cameras out on. One is more of a bench around the edge of a mountain. Hookings and pawings covered both spots up with white oaks covering the ground.

Comment

Well finally made it up to Antlers! Will be up here for the next two weeks straight. Staying at the budget inn. Hopefully will have some good pics and movement to share soon.. Going to check cameras this afternoon and put a little hand feed out . Should have time for a quick sit too even tho it is warm. Looking like they are calling for tons of rain next few days , which really sucks bc the creek I have to cross just to get to my property will be flooded and nothing I can do. Whenever we get 2+ inches rain it floods over the road to the property .

Good luck to everyone else hunting this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X