X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misread post.
    Making this post unnecessary.
    Sorry
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-12-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

2019 Night Vision & Thermal Thread

Jason, I cant thank you enough for the insight you gave me on thermal scopes. Finally got to use it tonight and already making some great memories with my dad and oldest son. The pulsar XQ50 did not disappoint. It’s everything we were looking for in a scope. You are the cats meow of night vision scopes and customer service. Can’t thank you enough. We killed 2 tonight freehand stalking. Next on my list to buy is a tripod. I shoulda killed more but it was tough trying to hit the small babies haha. The stream vision app is pretty legit also. Very easy to use and download videos to my phone. I’ll try and post videos of tonight. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by BIG BONE; 06-15-2019, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
        Jason, I cant thank you enough for the insight you gave me on thermal scopes. Finally got to use it tonight and already making some great memories with my dad and oldest son. The pulsar XQ50 did not disappoint. It’s everything we were looking for in a scope. You are the cats meow of night vision scopes and customer service. Can’t thank you enough. We killed 2 tonight freehand stalking. Next on my list to buy is a tripod. I shoulda killed more but it was tough trying to hit the small babies haha. The stream vision app is pretty legit also. Very easy to use and download videos to my phone. I’ll try and post videos of tonight. Thanks again

Awesome! Welcome to the new addiction haha a tripod makes all the difference. It’ll make those little guys a lot easier on the follow ups.

Comment

Have had several fat sows coming in and winds were right so took the AR and XQ50 for a sit. About 30 minutes after I got in my seat, they showed up. Only problem was waiting until one had its head out of the mass of bodies---hard to pick out a head with the thermal set to "black" when they are all in a wad. At any rate about 20 seconds after they showed up, I squeezed it off and it was over.

Comment

I decided I want to get into the thermal scope world, however I cant play with the big boys yet! what would you recommend in the 2k range? I see a lot of pulsar trail xq30s and the core rxq30s in that price range used, as well as some atn thor hds. Are they pretty decent beginner thermals? Anyone have any time under one of these? Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by dallascowboys View Post
              I decided I want to get into the thermal scope world, however I cant play with the big boys yet! what would you recommend in the 2k range? I see a lot of pulsar trail xq30s and the core rxq30s in that price range used, as well as some atn thor hds. Are they pretty decent beginner thermals? Anyone have any time under one of these? Thanks for the help

I have an RXQ30 that I use as a handheld and loner when one of the boys are at the farm and it works well. If you don’t want to record, it’s great. If you do want to record, the Flir Entry level is a bit more built has that capability. Call Jason with Legacy Outdoor Gear and he’ll walk through your options based on budget along with pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                I have an RXQ30 that I use as a handheld and loner when one of the boys are at the farm and it works well. If you don’t want to record, it’s great. If you do want to record, the Flir Entry level is a bit more built has that capability. Call Jason with Legacy Outdoor Gear and he’ll walk through your options based on budget along with pros and cons.
                Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  Awesome! Welcome to the new addiction haha a tripod makes all the difference. It’ll make those little guys a lot easier on the follow ups.

Thank you sir
                  Hopefully I’ll have some new videos tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    See bold, which unit?
                    The Pulsar Core RXQ30V. I've reviewed it on Youtube a couple years ago when it first came out and we've talked a good bit about it on The Late Night Vision Show but honestly, everything you read on it now need to be through the lens of understanding that the green display has been removed and replaced with a standard black and white display and the image quality and ID range have been significantly improved.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me anytime!
                    (877)350-1818

- Jason

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                    Awesome!!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it and I'm glad to see you're getting the kids involved. Thank you for the business and holler if you have questions on anything.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by dallascowboys View Post
                      My advice is really simple here.... Don't buy ATN thermal. Just don't do it. There is no need for me to drag them through the mud here but the bad reviews and horror stories you read online are true.

The RXQ30V and the PTS233 are both great scopes. As I just mentioned above the RXQ has a new display in it and it's only been shipping with the new screen for about a month. It is a really nice improvement. The 2 scopes are VERY similar in most ways and this is the simple way I break it down....if you want to record video, buy the PTS233. If you don't care about video recording, buy the RXQ30V. It's really that simple in most cases.

Give me a call if you've got questions.

- Jason

Comment

Finally got to try out my wraith this weekend! So far I like it. Didn’t see much movement from the pigs even with the full moon.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                          Finally got to try out my wraith this weekend! So far I like it. Didn’t see much movement from the pigs even with the full moon.

I’ve noticed on full moons they don’t move as much, I think it’s due to they know there is a better chance of being spotted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That LaRue UU is looking sharp!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              That LaRue UU is looking sharp!
                              Sadly I’ve never owned an AR before this one.. Never had a purpose for one. Now that I do I’m glad I didn’t go the cheap route. Just wish grendel ammo was cheaper!

Comment

Sadly I’ve never owned an AR before this one.. Never had a purpose for one. Now that I do I’m glad I didn’t go the cheap route. Just wish grendel ammo was cheaper!
                                100% agree on the Grendel ammo, but it's a hammer, so I keep shooting it. Which bullet does your UU like the best?

Comment

Working...
                                X