Is this for real?
      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

How do I tell my wife “no”?

“Yes, ma’am”

Comment

How do you tell your wife no?

Originally posted by JHT View Post
          Any way you can add on & remodel to your current house?

The need for the bigger yard for the dogs or just more space?

There is no way to remodel the areas she wants done.

The yard is something we both want. She is someone who likes change and starts getting the itch to change things about every 4 or 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            Is there not a middle ground that you would both be happy with like a new(er) house that isn't 2x as expensive? I agree with everyone that said its a discussion that needs to be had. I guess my wife and I are really open and direct when it comes to large purchases but she makes close to the same money I do and our checks go into a joint account. We're married and not dating, not planning on getting divorced so there is not need to keep money separate.

Good luck

We're been in this house for 3 years and are already starting to look for a different one because we had a kid and the schools here are **** but the North Texas market is stupid high right now
            there are plenty of reasons other than the ones you listed to keep separate accounts - my wife doesn't work but we deposit "her" money in to her account - we sat down when we had the discussion about her staying home to raise our kiddos and came up with an amount that fit our budget and was comfortable for her - everyone is different especially when finances are concerned but for us personally it gave her the financial independence she felt she might be giving up by no longer working and it keeps us from griping at one another about what we are spending "our" money on each month

Comment

How do you tell your wife no?

NO

Comment

Are you handy? If so, see if you can meet in the middle and find yourself a fixer upper. You could actually build some sweat equity into the house and get something that you both are satisfied with.

Comment

So she has half the money and all the goods. She'll have all the money soon enough...

Comment

Build her a house. Happy Wife Happy Life.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      I’m weird I just say no
                      Me too....

But then again some of yall let the wife run the show

Comment

She probably heard a preacher say "If mamma ain't happy ain't nobody happy"

I find that talking about "the big picture" always helps them to understand things better with their wants and needs.

Comment

It is difficult sometimes not to be able to give your better half everything they want, but I guarantee it is a conversation worth having.

Have a nice dinner, and make the experience enjoyable. Have a plan going forward to make other ways to get other things.

Comment

My wife hounded me bad to move. I can not tell you how many homes I got dragged to looking for the one we got. Her feelings are hurt because I've said this just doesn't feel like home.

We bought this one because she liked it, it had what I wanted, and I was flat worn out of seeing all the Zillow URLs.

And if she goes out and gets a Realtor the pressure to go see more homes gets real retched up.

You can say no all day long, but if your wife is anything like mine, she's going to be OCD about a new house.

I wish you luck.

Comment

sounds like you are screwed. you cant tell her she doesn't need those things cuz then she can say well you have a diesel and never pull anything so you don't need it. just like on TBH lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                                So she has half the money and all the goods. She'll have all the money soon enough...
                                Not ALL the goods. Just hers.

I kid, I kid

Comment

Working...
                                X