No announcement yet.

S.h.n.f. 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I forgot to pack somethings, but by far the worst was forgetting the thermacell!! From 5am on they were flying in my ears lol. Was a good sit, heard something in the dark nearby, got pushed out by another person though. Didnt enjoy donating a foodbank to the mosquitos lol.

Comment

I sure used my thermacell this morning, bummer you left it home.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        Man, I forgot to pack somethings, but by far the worst was forgetting the thermacell!! From 5am on they were flying in my ears lol. Was a good sit, heard something in the dark nearby, got pushed out by another person though. Didnt enjoy donating a foodbank to the mosquitos lol.
        That is a hard lesson and one that I'm sure won't repeated again. Thermacell tops my gear list in the early season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
          Good to see some of you at the lunch get together. If you missed it this weekend we will probably meet for lunch again next weekend.
          Yes, let's try lunch again! I just got out of the woods too late.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post

Yes Sir No problem. We will set it up later this week. Everybody's welcome to meet us for lunch this coming weekend.

Comment

Missed the hunt today, it was my daughters first birthday. But all packed and ready to head out in the morning. Planning on hunting the evening too so I’m trying to figure out what to do in the middle of the day. May cruise around and check out the primitive camps. Me and a buddy are talking about camping for a week in December but haven’t decided where yet.

Comment

Nice sit this evening. At 6:45. I heard crashing coming my way. I looked up and saw a mature doe with a small fawn getting closer. The fawn was red and still had spots so I decided not to shoot the doe, they came in and ate acorns for about ten minutes directly under me! It was intense I wasn’t very high up. After doing some research on fawn survival age, I’ll probably shoot the doe if given another opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                  Yes Sir No problem. We will set it up later this week. Everybody's welcome to meet us for lunch this coming weekend.
                  I will hunt Saturday so I can be there for v the get together then. I'm fishing a redfish tournament Sunday so I will prolly jet right after lunch.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to all those going to sit and sweat !!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
                      Good luck to all those going to sit and sweat !!!

No kidding, I just got settled in and let’s just say I’m glad I brought an extra shirt. I was soaked

Comment

Good call Forest-hunter.
                        This time of year, does with spotted yearlings get a free pass from me as well!

Comment

Good call Forest-hunter.
                          This time of year, does with spotted yearlings get a free pass from me as well!

Thx Tod good to know I wasn’t sure if I made the right decision but it felt right to let them walk.

Comment

Good luck y’all. I’m sitting today out. I enjoyed the sauna yesterday but not going to do it again. I can’t wait for cooler weather.

Comment

Good luck today guys. Was playing with my 3 year old this morning and he stopped and looked at me and got a disgusted face.."dada.... you got mosquito bumps. LOTS."

Comment

sounds good to me. Next week I'll be in the woods Thursday and Friday so I won't be in the woods too late Saturday. Didn't get to make the trip to the woods today though, have a lot of classwork to catch up on for tomorrow [emoji36]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X