Help me pick out a new bow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kdunn View Post
    Well obviously I want a new bow, otherwise I wouldn't be on the search for a new one! But my biggest reason for wanting a new bow is consistency. Which I think in the end boils down to accuracy. I am not as consistent with my current bow, with regards to group size and overall accuracy, that I have been with other bows I have tried out at the local shop in the past. And I just feel that I am at a point with my skill level where an upgrade would help that.

Yes, I know I need to get my hand on more and try them myself, original post says that.

But the reason for creating this post was so that I could get input from other bow hunters as to what made them pick their current/most recent bow purchase for hunting. I'm looking for what other people liked or disliked with the newer bows on the market to help me make my decision as try out new bows.
    I’d say that the Hoyt hyper force is my favorite bow out there right now. For me, it was easy to set up and tune. The draw cycle and back wall also fit me extremely well.

That being said, your post above makes me think that there could be more focus on your shot process to provide better consistency. 6” at 30 can be improved on just about any bow out there, when properly tuned and shot. You may want to look into finding a coach that knows what they’re talking about to watch you shoot and critique you.

Comment

Shoot an elite before you make your decision. I just got a new elite impulse 31 this year and love it. Dont over look elite without shooting one first. My son was shooting a creed and after getting his elite, he won't even touch the creed. His are both 2013 models.
      Last edited by hogslayer78; 10-27-2018, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I've only been bowhunting for 3 years, but I feel I've "outgrown" my first bow (Bear Cruzer Ready to Hunt package). There's nothing really wrong with it, but I think I'm at the point where I'm ready to upgrade from an entry level to a nicer bow once this season is over.

I know I need to go and get my hands on them and decide for myself what I like, but I'm curious what is it that made you pick your current bow? What features won you over from other brands/bows you were interested in? Hopefully your suggestions will give me some good starting points!

Brands I am interested in are Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, and Bowtech. My budget will be about $1,500. Thanks in advance for any help!
        Well, there is only one choice then. Mathews Triax

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
          I have a 09 Mathews and recently picked up a 16 Obsession. I just felt like Mathews had lost some ground over the years to other companies and wanted to try one. I have also liked way Elites and Primes felt after shooting them in a couple shops.

I will say this though, my bow is 9 years old and I just had the limbs replaced two weeks ago by Mathews under warranty. So I do believe in their warranty service on original owner equipment.
          Lost ground? I shoot a Mathews Creed, 50# draw, 280fps and whisper quiet, oh did I mention accuracy is phenomenal. Easiest bow I have ever tuned. I don't see any lost ground, especially since every company out there has copied Mathews for the last 20+ years.

Comment

Another PSE fan here. My dealer carries only PSE and his service is outstanding.

Comment

Just bought a brand new Matthews Z3 for $599, discontinued for 2019. 330 fps and very smooth.

Comment

Well, anything to report?

Comment

Have you tried the vertix?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Well, anything to report?

Nothing to report yet. I’m going to wait until season is over to make a purchase, but I have gone and tried out a few and Hoyt Redworx and PSE Carbon Stealth have been my favorite. I still need to get my hands on a Triax...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing to report yet. I’m going to wait until season is over to make a purchase, but I have gone and tried out a few and Hoyt Redworx and PSE Carbon Stealth have been my favorite. I still need to get my hands on a Triax...

I was shooting a APA. My shoulders are getting bad. So I was just looking at bows and tried the pse xpedite. I now have one. I bought it with 65lb limbs. I put the fast mod and set at 75%.

I’m a 26.5 Draw. So with this set up my 411gr arrow was 287fps. My 664gr was 230fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                        Check out the Prime Rize. They just discontinued them and have them on clearance for about $650 @ Prime dealers

Look @ Bowtechs hard. The Reign 7 and Realm X are pretty bad *** bows
                        I just got my hands on a Rize and I am still tuning it up but I am quickly falling in love with this bow.

Comment

Thats probably best. Donot hurry yourself. Yeah dont forget about Mathews, cant speak for a Triax, but I love my Creed

Comment

Elite! Better yet, Elite Synergy... brand new, just exactly like the one I have posted in the classifieds!! [emoji846]

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              I was shooting a APA. My shoulders are getting bad. So I was just looking at bows and tried the pse xpedite. I now have one. I bought it with 65lb limbs. I put the fast mod and set at 75%.

I’m a 26.5 Draw. So with this set up my 411gr arrow was 287fps. My 664gr was 230fps.
                              You're welcome!

Comment

Get serious Get Hoyt !

Comment

Working...
                                X