This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    Three recruits from Texas in the last 2 years, doesn't seem like tOSU is targeting Tx that much, but they do get the cream off the top.

They cherry pick, just like the other premier teams in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm so bored - Need some Aggie football

But I went and counted the Texas HS players in the top 10 recruiting classes from 2020

2 5-star players left Tx
      16 - 3-4 star players left Texas

TAMU
      2 5-star players from Tx
      8 3-4 star players from tx

tu
      0 - 5-star players from Tx
      17 - 3-4 star players from Tx

Texas U wins recruiting in state -

OU would be dead without recruiting in Texas, they got 12 3/4-stars in 2020, no 5-stars from anywhere though.

L$U robs us plenty though - 3x 4-star players from mostly the Houston area.

Comment

But I went and counted the Texas HS players in the top 10 recruiting classes from 2020

2 5-star players left Tx

TAMU
        2 5-star players from Tx

tu

OU would be dead without recruiting in Texas, they got 12 3/4-stars in 2020, no 5-stars from anywhere though.

Riley thinks Texas kids should have an opportunity to play for championships too.

Comment

2 5-star players left Tx

TAMU
          2 5-star players from Tx

tu

Top programs Cherry pick Texas every year when Texas is down and that includes Aggie.

Texas still playing uninspired football with top 5 paper talent.

Comment

Texas filled 70% of their class with quality players from Texas.

Y'all are getting the in state recruits and the bragging rights. My point is that the schools that recruit well and win aren't recruiting to win their state or geographical area. The schools that are doing well on the field are taking talent from wherever they find it.

And yes, the top programs cherry pick, they always have, because they can.

As an Aggie fan I like to see the studs from Texas headed to College Station, but I'd rather the staff get the best players, regardless of where they went to school.

Comment

Texas filled 70% of their class with quality players from Texas.

Y'all are getting the in state recruits and the bragging rights. My point is that the schools that recruit well and win aren't recruiting to win their state or geographical area. The schools that are doing well on the field are taking talent from wherever they find it.

And yes, the top programs cherry pick, they always have, because they can.

As an Aggie fan I like to see the studs from Texas headed to College Station, but I'd rather the staff get the best players, regardless of where they went to school.
              Texas isn't winning in the 2021 class. That is the current pressing issue.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Texas isn't winning in the 2021 class. That is the current pressing issue.

The expectations in Austin are higher than the results for sure.

Do you think Herm gets is together or is it time to move on?

Comment

LSU gonna lose to Arky. Dominating TOP but not scoring and then letting them get wide open 50 plus yard passes and quick scores isn’t good. I know LSU has lost both corners this game but still this is embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    LSU gonna lose to Arky. Dominating TOP but not scoring and then letting them get wide open 50 plus yard passes and quick scores isn’t good. I know LSU has lost both corners this game but still this is embarrassing.
                    This is the first Arkansas loss this year that I’m frustrated about. Gave the game away with a little help from the “no clear recovery” rule and bad play calling. I’m beginning to think they should have named it the “Anti-Arkansas rule” after it cost the Auburn win.

Still, I’m glad the hogs are getting competitive! Huge improvement from last year. Crazy that we were in the game with 9 defensive contributors out and our best defender ejected on the worst targeting call I’ve ever seen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                      This is the first Arkansas loss this year that I’m frustrated about. Gave the game away with a little help from the “no clear recovery” rule and bad play calling. I’m beginning to think they should have named it the “Anti-Arkansas rule” after it cost the Auburn win.

Still, I’m glad the hogs are getting competitive! Huge improvement from last year. Crazy that we were in the game with 9 defensive contributors out and our best defender ejected on the worst targeting call I’ve ever seen!!!
                      Amen . .

Comment

Cyclones put Kstate away, quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post

I agree the targeting call was bad however the refs made multiple mistakes in my opinion. Glad the hogs are playing good ball again as it’s a fun rivalry. Hope my tigers gain some momentum but next weekends game will likely not go well...

Comment

Yeah! LSU won "The Boot".

I will be glad when this season is over!

Comment

The expectations in Austin are higher than the results for sure.

Do you think Herm gets is together or is it time to move on?
                              No clue.

It's already time to move on if that one dude will take the job. Other than that.....[emoji2369]

Comment

Northwestern headed for 5-0, knocking off Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                                X