No announcement yet.

Gun Safe Won’t Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has done something similar before. Pushed in on the door while I entered the combo and that was all it took..thank goodness. Think I'll go change my battery now as well! Good luck sir!

Comment

My buddy had the same problem he had to get a lock smith to do it. Took 2 hrs and $350. Batteries corroded the wire.Cannon reimbursed it, and the locksmith said never use Duracell batteries. Only use Eveready batteries. He said failed keypads keep him in business .

Comment

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          I’m sure it is, but when I got this second-hand several years ago the original owner had lost the key.. I’m moving to a new house Friday and in a bit of a pinch now.

Battery is accessible from inside, but that entails getting it open first.
          Call Cothron’s. If they are in the area they may be able to get to you tomorrow. Their techs are solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible Man View Post
            My buddy had the same problem he had to get a lock smith to do it. Took 2 hrs and $350. Batteries corroded the wire.Cannon reimbursed it, and the locksmith said never use Duracell batteries. Only use Eveready batteries. He said failed keypads keep him in business .
            Just a side note: Cannon will not honor a warranty if you are the 2nd owner.. Only honors for the original purchaser.. Make 0 sense AT ALL but that is exactly what they told me..

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
              I like the manual lock, too, but they seem a bit harder to find.
              Would y'all recommend a good manual safe, please?
              I had a friend move last year and he gave me a 3 year old AMSEC and it is awesome. Blows my other safes away.

Comment

I own a Frontier gun safe, have had it 21 yrs, electronic lock.. i feel like ive put a battery in it twice..has never failed to open.
                Now the emp has me hoping my cordless sawzall still works..

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Yessir! Gonna call for an appointment next week I guess. 2 years and still cant remember the dang code............lol!!!
                  Lol, didn’t we have a guy on here a few years ago that had his safe drilled out because he forgot code... only to remember code the day after he paid $400 to get it drilled??

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                    I own a Frontier gun safe, have had it 21 yrs, electronic lock.. i feel like ive put a battery in it twice..has never failed to open.
                    I go through at least 3-4 9V batteries a year on my big Cannon.. It will drain them just setting there.. Once they get a little low they will not operate the lock actuator..

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
                      I like the manual lock, too, but they seem a bit harder to find.

Would y'all recommend a good manual safe, please?

When the locksmith comes to open it have him replace the digital with a manual dial. Then you are emp proof and no more batteries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                        Bwahahahaha

Comment

I was going to purchase a larger safe and sell mine but after all of these problems with batteries , I’ll keep my old mechanical! Thanks for helping me make my very quick decision

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            ....Buy a dial safe with zero batteries and rock on..............
                            Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
                            This is what I did. I took the electronic lock off my cannon safe and replaced with a big red dial. Old school but I KNOW I can get into it even after an EMP strike.

Andrew
                            Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            When the locksmith comes to open it have him replace the digital with a manual dial. Then you are emp proof and no more batteries!
                            Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            I was going to purchase a larger safe and sell mine but after all of these problems with batteries , I’ll keep my old mechanical! Thanks for helping me make my very quick decision
                            This is great in theory, but when the dial slips and your combo changes unbeknownst to you, you'll have the same problem. I've had a Cannon for 15+ years and this happened to me 6-7 years ago. Finally got it opened and switched to a digital pad and have never had a problem since. If we get hit with an EMP, I've got enough hand tools to break into it.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                              If you think it’s a way to charge from outside.....strip back the wires and touch a 9v battery to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              This was the ticket, much thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                                This was the ticket, much thanks.
                                Glad you got it open, but that seems like a terrible design. If your battery ever goes out you have to do something like that? I guess maybe the key is your only backup.
                                My battery goes out at least twice a year on my cannon.

Comment

Working...
                                X