X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions of 300 Blackout

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
    cupcake ? who's talking smack ?

quote : Why don't you use the BO 300 and further? Rhetorical, I know why.

you already forgot posts from page 1 ? 280 yards , 2.1 mil ... dropped like a stone! .... and you were saying ?????

but let me get this straight ..you lack the time or inclination to wait for the perfect shot at a pig.. your words not mine...

And you have no personal experience to boot, it's not even your gun ... and you don't even know what kind of bullets you were shooting .. again your words not mine

****! does that mean you don't even own a bow either ?

you could have saved a lot of time to everyone and just say you have no idea what you're talking about.

me on the other hand , i like making my own bullets, building my own guns and getting max performance out of them , i got nothing but time to build on my skills .. so i don't need anything bigger to do the job .. my 300blk ar weighs 5.8 lbs, super quiet suppressed , i can carry 30 rd of ammo in a single mag , and i can carry it all night without breaking a sweat ... when i shoot , my neighbor doesn't even hear me , and often pigs show up at other feeders where they get the same fate ...

so maybe i don't shoot hundreds of them a year like "we". cause i'm sure it's not just you, you probably take the credit for your buddies too ... I only own 165 acres .. 30 to 50 a year is pretty typical , i don't totally want to eradicate them .. i'd have nothing else to shoot at ... just saw 2 sows this weekend with 26 piglets .. most with spots still ... fresh batch of targets

You haven’t made a post yet without criticizing someone else. That’s either “smack”, ignorance, or you’re just so emotionally connected to this round, that you can’t make a point otherwise.

You don’t use it at longer ranges because it’s inadequate, at those ranges. There are “AR15” rounds far more adequate at those ranges than the BO. Why not use them rather than the “RPG” 308?

Yes, I lack the time and inclination to wait for the perfect shot at a pig, that will anchor it with a BO, when I can use the Grendel and watch them die at most angles....then go on and kill some more. I don’t give two wet farts who hears it, and I’ve had all the personal experience I need in several nights, to know there is a better option. Enough confirmed shot placements to know....regardless of who owned the rifle.

I don’t make bullets, I don’t want to. I don’t want to stand around in the woods waiting for a pig to turn, I want to kill them. “WE” (that means myself and others, for the phonetically challenged) kill hundreds a year. I kill 30-60 a year hunting weekends when my son isn’t there...I don’t have to take credit for ****.

I actually do own a bow, and I shot and killed 5 or 6 pigs with it in a couple weeks last year. I don’t get time to bowhunt like I used to...in fact I just bought my son an “RPG crossbow” so he can hunt in archery season this year...although I guess I could tell him to use his 40lb compound...which is kinda like the BLACKOUT of the bow world...

If you love your BO, great. Sleep with it, play with it, whatever you want to do. Doesn’t matter to me.

The OP asked for thoughts on the round, and I told him I had no use for it. You couldn’t say your piece without resorting to insults, that’s fine too. I know Mike loves his, and I have immense respect for his understanding of EVERY round, and the weapons that use them. He owns, and reloads, most of them.

The Grendel is a superior hunting round for the way we hunt pigs, and deer to a lesser extent. You’ve essentially admitted as such by admitting it takes a less perfect shot to anchor a pig, with all of your “rpg” horse ****. That’s why I use it. That’s why you use a .308 at greater distances.

The consensus amongst 4 guys on our lease (the other 3 owned BOs, and 2 traded them for The 6.5) is that the 6.5 Grendel is superior. I don’t give a **** what you think about my, or their abilities.

I won’t discuss it here further, I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-19-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      cupcake ? who's talking smack ?

quote : Why don't you use the BO 300 and further? Rhetorical, I know why.

you already forgot posts from page 1 ? 280 yards , 2.1 mil ... dropped like a stone! .... and you were saying ?????

but let me get this straight ..you lack the time or inclination to wait for the perfect shot at a pig.. your words not mine...

And you have no personal experience to boot, it's not even your gun ... and you don't even know what kind of bullets you were shooting .. again your words not mine

****! does that mean you don't even own a bow either ?

you could have saved a lot of time to everyone and just say you have no idea what you're talking about.

me on the other hand , i like making my own bullets, building my own guns and getting max performance out of them , i got nothing but time to build on my skills .. so i don't need anything bigger to do the job .. my 300blk ar weighs 5.8 lbs, super quiet suppressed , i can carry 30 rd of ammo in a single mag , and i can carry it all night without breaking a sweat ... when i shoot , my neighbor doesn't even hear me , and often pigs show up at other feeders where they get the same fate ...

so maybe i don't shoot hundreds of them a year like "we". cause i'm sure it's not just you, you probably take the credit for your buddies too ... I only own 165 acres .. 30 to 50 a year is pretty typical , i don't totally want to eradicate them .. i'd have nothing else to shoot at ... just saw 2 sows this weekend with 26 piglets .. most with spots still ... fresh batch of targets
      How how far did the one you shot in the heart run?

I shot one a couple of years in the heart. I was using my 5.56 and shooting 55 grain v-max.
      The pig was walking left to right and away from me. Bullet went in behind the last rib. Huntstand said it ran about 78 yards....

Comment

dropped in its tracks ... he didn't even make a step ... zoomed in on the pic as you can barely see the stand in the pic and that was my phone zoomed in all the way too ... it was so far , i never heard the impact and tall grass so i didn't see impact either ... he just stood there ... then wobbled and dropped right there ... i so wished i had this on video ...it was awesome ... bullet when between ribs on both sides .. never hit bone but you can see from the heart that the bullet had mushroomed... i've shot deer with my 243 from 416 yards before , but this one was special to me. i get a sense of accomplishment from it ... wasn't a huge buck but i got ot shoulder mounted.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Fad gun
          X2

Comment

It's my favorite little gun inside 100 yards. I love it! Myself and my daughter have killed plenty of hogs and deer with it.

Comment

now that i have built in recording on my taipan handheld thermal , and i setup my reap-ir profile for my 22lr AR , i'm going to try to hunt one of my blind with cyclade 50 grain subsonic 22lr ... feeder is 50 to 60 yards away , so that will be perfect for hog ear shots ..
              hopefully they will show up early at that feeder ... this location is close to a road and with my neighbor signing with the windmill people , there has been ton of traffic on that road and they don't show up there like they used to, or really late into the night ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Wait, hundreds of pigs you say?lol GTFO of here, rookie.

I kill 30-60 a year hunting weekends when my son isn’t there...I don’t have to take credit for ****.
                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                let me get this straight .. you call me a rookie for killing hundreds, then admit yourself you only kill 30-60 a year ..

you call me buttercup ?

but i'm the one attacking you ???

i've seen your posts as well as some of your buddies on here too ... and while i am opinionated , at least i admit it ...

so own it! you also admitted you don;'t even own one, never did ... just borrowed one with bullets you don't even know what they were ...

so i'm glad you decided to stop replying , because you're just digging yourself deeper. ...

and yes i use my 308 rpr for 300 yard shots at night ... more energy , shorter flight time , shoots flatter .. and has more magnification scope ... why would i not? i could even use my 260 to 700 yards if i wanted to .. but again flight time would be an issue as pigs don't stay in place ... but at least i know i could make the shot ... because i practice instead of talking smack ... and yes i can hit that far consistently ... do it every weekend ... and this is a clean piece of steel , no video trickery ... i know that i'm capable of ... but i'm sure you'll find some way to criticize that too ... and i really don't care at this point ... your comments offer no value to this discussion ... but if killing pigs by shooting them in the as-s is your thing, put that grendel down and switch to 45/50... then you'll be able to say "i got no use for it" about the grendel too.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RPzh6HescI&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnablo"]Ruger Precision rifle shooting to 700 yards - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Who gives a ****. Shoot the pig in the pig with anything so long as they die. Good lord lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Who gives a ****. Shoot the pig in the pig with anything so long as they die. Good lord lol.
                    ^^^^Winner winner porkchop dinner^^^^

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

op asked opinion on 300blk .. i use it every week ...

Dale Moser on the other hand , doesn't own one , never did ..
                      borrowed one , shooting bullets he didn't even know what they were ...
                      starting taking smack , calling me a rookie , when he shoots no more pigs than i do successfully with 300blk ..

saying 300blk sucks ..

I disagree .. it doesn't suck.. it just requires a certain amount of skills ...
                      and 6.8 or grendel is no different.. anyone who says hogs drop no matter where you shoot them doesn't know much about hog hunting ....

by the same logic an ar10 chambered in 308, 243, 6.5 creed is superior to 6.8 or grendel .. but you don't see me saying 6.8 or grendel suck because of it ...

they're all good and that's my point, and i own them all as well!

so yall go rub each other's backs on a grendel thread if you want .. heck i may comment on that thread too .. i like my grendel ...

peace! out!

Comment

It seems someone forgot about post #48 lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          It seems someone forgot about post #48 lol
                          Agreed. Dale simply gave his opinion of the round, which is what the OP asked for, and post 48 is when his skill was attacked with what most would agree was "smackish". An apology would have probably resolved it but continued defense of the round and personal attacks were used instead. Starting to sound like a PACE thread[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
                            What does the Green Screen have to comment about the 300 Blackout?

hello Pokey, it's an okay caliber but if you are planning to hunt with it
                            it has several limitations, i see people having problems when hunting with subs
                            more than anything.

there is not a huge selection of hunting ammo available.

i load my own ammo with the Barnes Tac TX 110 AND 120 grain.
                            my grand kids use this gun and keep shots inside of 100 yards.
                            they have killed several deer and pigs with this round.

you just need to ask yourself if a 300 blk out is right for you and your needs
                            will you be hunting with it
                            will you need to take shots past 100-150 yards
                            where will you get ammo
                            and where will you get ammo that is appropriate to hunt with
                            Honestly even though i love this little round, i would say there are a lot better choices out there to be killin critters with...
                            i hope this helps and good luck with whatever caliber you choose to go with

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                              Agreed. Dale simply gave his opinion of the round, which is what the OP asked for, and post 48 is when his skill was attacked with what most would agree was "smackish". An apology would have probably resolved it but continued defense of the round and personal attacks were used instead. Starting to sound like a PACE thread[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                              hum ... i didn't call him a cupcake .. he did...
                              i didn't call him an amateur he did...
                              i didn't say he lacks the time or inclination to wait for the perfect shot at a pig
                              he did

i didn't say he doesn't even own a 300blk , he did
                              i didn't say he didn't know what bullet he was shooting when he did borrow a 300blk ... he did ...

but he said 300blk sucks! based on absolutely 0 personal experience .

he said 22lr kills better than 300blk i quote : I've shot hundreds of pigs before, with everything from a .22LR on up to whatever....all died on the spot, every one but that one.

you're right , i think I deserve an apology...

Comment

I’ve got lots of personal experience with it. It sucks like Elton John in a room full of wieners.

Comment

Working...
                                X