Pool Plumbing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Plumbing question

I’m putting a workshop at my house, the contractor hit the plumbing for the pool when digging the foundation. Should I be concerned about so many 90’s in a short span of pipe?

Also wondering if the building is too close to the plumbing?

That looks fine to me. There is a formula to determine how much distance there should be for one 90 to the next for the water to become less turbulent as it exits one 90 before going into the other. I do not know the formula off hand but this looks good overall. If the 90's where very close to each other there is more pressure loss due to all the turbulent water as it exits the 90.

Comment

Under city pressure I think you will be fine.

Comment

You won’t notice a difference. Flow will change slightly due to the added friction but won’t be a big deal. That building is close to the piping. Just make sure the concrete doesn’t cover them so you can service in the future.

Comment

Appreciate the comments.

Comment

That's a standard repair. It'll work fine. Just did one on an irrigation line one of our guys drove a piling through the other day.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210402_114425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	24649113

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              Under city pressure I think you will be fine.
              City pressure has nothing to do with pool pressure. The pool pumps control the pressure inside those lines. That said I think you should be fine. I would pressurize lines to make sure no other leaks and would run the pool equipment to verify no issues with 90s.

Comment

Pressures are low in the pool filtering system 20-30 PSI normally depending on your filter.

I am no expert, but the issue I see is you now have 32 glued joints and 16 90 degree bends in place of straight runs with no joints and no bends.

I would think that might result in more potential for soil movement to exert bending force that may crack the pipes or joints.

I had several lines running to the spa end of my pool that kept breaking due to soil movement (pool was built 30 years ago with no deck around it). I ended up using a flexible PVC line to make the last repairs. I do not know if that was exactly up to specs for pools but it lasted a lot longer than the rigid PVC repairs I made.

Comment

It will be fine.

Comment

I really doubt it will affect it, but it will most definitely slow the flow.

Comment

Working...
                    X