Good for Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for Baylor

Thought there’d be a thread by now but I’m glad Baylor won even though I had Gonzaga winning in my pool. But my brackets took a beating so it didn’t matter.

Couldn’t stand seeing that arrogant Timme stroking his mustache, pounding his chest, and lifting his arms like he was a champ .

Loved seeing the look of disappointment on his face. I was hoping for tears.

Agreed. I’m a longhorn fan, but today: Sic em Bears!!

Comment

Congrats to a good group, I still can’t get over how fast they are as a team.

Ol Huggy Bear said it the best, “can’t appreciate Baylor’s speed on defense unless you play them.”

Rwc

Comment

Glad they won as well. Growing up around waco, Baylor sports always pretty much sucked. They have really stepped up with facilities, coaches salaries etc to build a very competitive athletics program. Everything from I-35 south along the river is now athletics facilities that rival any in the country. Drew has done an amazing job turning that program around. He took probably the worst DI job in the country and has built it to a national championship team.

Comment

Their overall athleticism was unreal. Tchatchoua is a pure dawg. I love his physicality.

Comment

Congrats Bears!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

That was a dominating win. Surprised me, but I was glad to see a Texas school win for sure. I thought it would be an up-and-down-the-floor high scoring close game with Gonzaga coming out on top. Baylor was awesome.

Comment

Baylor has come a long way since the Dave Bliss era, and Drew should get all the credit. He’s a great person and a great coach

Comment

agreed, glad a Texas school won it! Baylor was on FIRE early and Gonzaga just couldn't get over the hump. Baylor athletics has come a long way in all sports, that's for sure!

Comment

Congratulations to them. My Coogs loss doesn't sting quite as much after last night.

Comment

I don't watch basketball at all, but I watched every second of that game. That was great. Even my untrained eye noticed Baylor's athleticism and defensive awesomeness.

Comment

I'm a Big 12 homer but I guess there is something to strength of schedule after all. Gonzaga beat some good teams for sure but nothing like running the gauntlet that is Big 12 basketball. Gonzaga looked confused and disoriented from the opening tip.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            I'm a Big 12 homer but I guess there is something to strength of schedule after all. Gonzaga beat some good teams for sure but nothing like running the gauntlet that is Big 12 basketball. Gonzaga looked confused and disoriented from the opening tip.
                            Yep. It was like the opening bell rang, and Baylor ran to the center of the ring and punched the Zags in the teeth about 6 times before they could even blink. And then the Zags were stunned and woozy the rest of the game. Baylor was impressive - coaching as well as player performance and execution. Props to them.

Comment

Great game to watch. Happy for them to bring home the hardware. Helps that they won me a little pocket change by winning it all, as I had them picked to!

Comment

Working...
                              X