Used Generac 20kw & 17kw value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    It will but if you run it 100% capacity all the time it will not last as long either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In reality, how much does your house run at once? 1 or 2 A/c's. a 5 ton takes approx. 9 kw to start it abut it runs on 3 kw, a few lights. You run a washer or dryer randomly, microwave randomly,
    tv, internet, tankless water heater. My stove and oven are gas so I don't have that load. Think about what you actually are running at once. If you know your on backup you better be smart enough to conserve too.

Comment

Generator

Originally posted by gspbrad View Post
      Would you ping me a contact - I’ll jump all over it for that price.
      Originally posted by BBRU View Post
      X2
      Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      X3. That seems cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      ****!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Here is who I bought mine from. I just ordered another one for my shop last week

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
        The seller wants $3k each for them. I offered $2k and they declined. Not worth it if there’s no warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Good call. It's sometimes hard to walk away but if something goes wrong (not saying it will), you'll be at or above the price of new once you repair it and STILL no warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
          Call your electric provider to find out what your daily and peak kw demands are.
          If you buy an oversized generator, youre just paying for more generator than you need, as well as more fuel expense to run it..
          A 10/12kw unit will operate and consume less fuel than a 20kw
          It's actually the total opposite of that on the fuel end. Sizing the right size generator can actually cost you a little up front but save you on the fuel side. Think of it this way. You can drive your truck at 90mph for 100 miles and get horrible gas mileage. You can drive that same truck at 50mph forn100 miles and get much better gas mileage. Look at generators the same way. If your generator is running maxed out your are burning fuel fast. The more it runs lower rpm's or at idle the less fuel you will use. Also wear and tear is less. You can make up that extra couple grand really fast when you are actually using the generator.
          Last edited by Take Dead Aim; 03-01-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X