Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Target buck found dead.... on 2Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great buck....sorry for your loss!

Comment

Thanks. He looked older to me.

I am a little jealous to get to see older, mature deer on low fence.
      Good job.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        Strange that your buck would travel that far in a short period of time.

1-2 miles in a day is nothing for a cruising buck, it’s perfectly normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
          Thanks. He looked older to me.

I am a little jealous to get to see older, mature deer on low fence.
          Good job.

BP

It’s the second one this year to same neighbor, but all apart of it. All good.

The rut is bitter sweet, gets the big deer moving, but also gets them traveling.

We will keep at it!

Comment

Great buck.

I saw it posted on S. Texas Low Fence on Facebook as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
              Great buck.

Yup I did too. Congrats to the hunter.

Comment

I feel for you OP. We had a deer we let go 2 years in a row. Saw him on camera in velvet just before the season we were going to shoot him. Then no one saw him all season. He turned up on the neighbors property the last week of the season and they shot him. 174" deer. I don't fault them at all, just sucks that one of our guys didn't get him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a heckuva buck! Sorry y’all didnt get to hang a tag on him. Been there done that! Congrats to the hunter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                    I know a few here have commented the deer is mature and they would have shot the deer, that is great and we may have ended up doing the same and they are correct when saying the deer was mature, but we like to let deer get older than 5-6 and that is how old this deer was. That is just how we like to do things and why we have some of the deer we have.

I won’t start shooting deer just because my neighbor is going to shoot them. This kind of stuff happen, still stings when it does but just apart of it.
                    We are the same way. Back in the late 80s, early 90s there was a huge (for our area) 10 pt buck on ours and the neighboring places. Us and the neighbors didn’t really “let” him go as much as he was sneaky and smart. In that time period, he was a MONSTER. Only time we would see him was when in a tractor. Lol. Nowadays, he’s not as big as the bruisers they breed with the programs they have, especially on high fence places. To this day though, we have at least one 10 pt. and some unusually good bucks for our neck of the woods on low fence properties. I passed on a descendant of Old Grandad 10 pt last year because he wasn’t quite old enough although the was probably all of 4.5 - 5. He looks about 5.5-6 now and I watched him chasing does just the other day thinking “well, maybe next year.” Lol.

If someone takes him, that’s cool. Do I want him, hell yeah. But I want that genetics even more. Cuz it takes a LONG time and cooperation between friendly neighbors to get good deer on smaller-ish acreage low fence properties. Kudos to y’all because that is one really, really nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                      Great buck.

Awesome deer but what a cluster of unfortunate photos.

Comment

I fully understand what you are feeling. As tough as it is that is also what makes low fence hunting so much fun. You never know what is going to show up at any given time. You said how big your neighbors are, how big is the land you are hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          I fully understand what you are feeling. As tough as it is that is also what makes low fence hunting so much fun. You never know what is going to show up at any given time. You said how big your neighbors are, how big is the land you are hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 1,200 acres

Comment

Had it happen last year. At least I got to put my hands on him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Big ol deer

Comment

Those are some awesome deer! I’ve had two bucks this year, that were regulars on my place, be killed on the same neighboring property. It happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X