Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am totally lost on Bitcoin.

Why would Bitcoin be worth more than gold?
    Has anyone made a purchase with Bitcoin, milk, bread?
    Does it have any purchasing power?
    How is the value determined? Supply and Demand?

I know, lots of questions.

Comment

Bitcoin is the base crypto currency. Some people believe Crypto's will be used for transactions that will take the place of banks, paper money, title companies, and everything like credit cards. So a real estate transaction for example could take seconds instead of weeks, be safer, and save thousands.

Trillions are spent each year on transactions and money moving. It's really a crazy amount when you step back and look. Almost everything now from little CC purchases, pay-pal, phone bill, anything you pay online has these fees. Stock market alone could be reinvented with blockchain to save hundreds of billions if not trillions in fees.

And yes you can buy plenty of things right now with bitcoin.

It will be really hard to get going though because EVERY world government politician gets rich off of their own FED printing money (in a round about way) Can't print more BTC.

It's basically a fairy tale world that stops inflation and makes things fair. So it will never happen but sounds great. If it does happen it would be regulated to death so the government can still make tons of money. Otherwise they go broke.

How did I do?

Comment

Yall ready for the ride up after all the tax dumps? I hope everybody stocked up on the sales prices.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Yall ready for the ride up after all the tax dumps? I hope everybody stocked up on the sales prices.
          LoL

Comment

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;13853506]Bitcoin is the base crypto currency. Some people believe Crypto's will be used for transactions that will take the place of banks, paper money, title companies, and everything like credit cards. So a real estate transaction for example could take seconds instead of weeks, be safer, and save thousands.

Trillions are spent each year on transactions and money moving. It's really a crazy amount when you step back and look. Almost everything now from little CC purchases, pay-pal, phone bill, anything you pay online has these fees. Stock market alone could be reinvented with blockchain to save hundreds of billions if not trillions in fees.

It will be really hard to get going though because EVERY world government politician gets rich off of their own FED printing money (in a round about way) Can't print more BTC.

It's basically a fairy tale world that stops inflation and makes things fair. So it will never happen but sounds great. If it does happen it would be regulated to death so the government can still make tons of money. Otherwise they go broke.

How did I do?[/QUOTE

My biggest concern with the crypto world, and I never dabbled, was that the world powers that be would never allow themselves to be cut out of the money loop. They’ll find a way to regulate it or even ruin it altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Bitcoin is the base crypto currency. Some people believe Crypto's will be used for transactions that will take the place of banks, paper money, title companies, and everything like credit cards. So a real estate transaction for example could take seconds instead of weeks, be safer, and save thousands.

How did I do?
              [/QUOTE]

My biggest concern with the crypto world, and I never dabbled, was that the world powers that be would never allow themselves to be cut out of the money loop. They’ll find a way to regulate it or even ruin it altogether.[/QUOTE]

I covered that Pretty much every single high power rich person got their money by screwing taxpayers by printing money. No way they just stop it.

ETH is up 65% in the last couple weeks What's going on?

Comment

I just looked at it for the first time in a few months. Not sure why, but there was some money to be made in the past few weeks. Everything I (used to) track has jumped.

Comment

Everyone currently wants to know where Bitcoin is headed. Many early investors made millions now they want to do it again and newcomers want to replicate that big gain that can mint them as millionaires too. There is much speculation as to where that price will go; most think it can only go up. At the moment, there are many predictions about what incredible value Bitcoin will reach in 10 years. But many think in the opposite direction. But I prefer to be optimistic, despite the current instability of the cryptocurrency market.

Comment

Has anyone heard of the company Melius, in the bitcoin business?

Comment

All on the rise lately. Any rumors as to why?

Any one here know of any good bitcoin message boards?

Comment

And 3 hours later it's down over $300 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          And 3 hours later it's down over $300 LOL
                          Still higher than it was 10 days ago, as long as the pattern holds it's looking good. Those big whale dumps sure are scary though.

Comment

I have not looked in months. So ripple is on coinbase now?

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                              I have not looked in months. So ripple is on coinbase now?
                              Yessir. And when it was launched it barely created...a ripple.

Comment

Looks like BTC has finally hit bottom. IMO it's going to take some sort of bad news to tank it back below 3,800 otherwise it should slowly keep rising until FOMO starts setting back in.

I bought GBTC a couple weeks ago. It's a trust fund that only owns BTC It has fees associated with it but trades like a stock so it's simple to buy/sell.

May buy more today.

Comment

Working...
                                X