No announcement yet.

rip rifleman, mark mccain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP, remember he was an original Mousketeer too.

Comment

Rip!

Comment

That show is one of the reasons as an adult I just had to own a lever action rifle. Now if I could only figure out how he got all those rounds in that thing.........

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rl-FGETfS4"]The Rifleman (Number of rifle shots at the beginning of the show) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

My wife and I still watch them.

Comment

RIP, Johnny, we watch it every day.

Comment

Watching it right now.

Comment

Rip, great show! That lever action never ran out of bullets

Comment

Micah probably shat in his pants every time he saw Lucas walking down the middle of Main Street with his rifle

Comment

RIP Johnny Crawford, you were great as Mark McCain. Lot of life lessons taught in that TV show.

Comment

Agree with all. Lots of good lessons and memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        Micah probably shat in his pants every time he saw Lucas walking down the middle of Main Street with his rifle
                        You know thats right!

It is rumored that it holds the record for most killings in a series to date. Here is a website dedicated to the carnage lol.

Est 245 kills. Does not include the killings he committed as referenced in the show but not seen on air lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                          Rip, great show! That lever action never ran out of bullets
                          I always wanted one of those six shooters that never needed reloading. You know, like the ones Roy Rodgers had.

Comment

Micah passed gun control and banned 30 30 with lever action. Lucas drags up and joins the army. Thus the genesis of the show “Branded” starring none other than Chuck Connors!

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                              That show is one of the reasons as an adult I just had to own a lever action rifle. Now if I could only figure out how he got all those rounds in that thing.........

The Rifleman (Number of rifle shots at the beginning of the show) - YouTube
                              It was probably a 44-40 or a 38-40. Definitely a short round, not a 30-30.

Comment

That was one of my favorite shows as a kid, then I got a 9422. I discovered I was not that fast. I saw years ago, some Winchester lever actions, that had a small tang, that could be flipped up, on the rear inside of the trigger guard/lever. So when you worked the lever, that tang would catch the trigger and set the gun off. Then it made sense, how he could get off so many shots so fast.

Definitely was a very popular show years ago, I still like to watch one or two, whenever I find the show on some channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X