Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did my part and ordered a Tier 1 with a 20” 7mm-08 1 in 9 twist. Hopefully that gets us there. I was told I needed to 1 in 9 to match up with the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
      Does is start with 338 and end with Lapua?
      Possibly starting with a big C and ending with a t....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

Chey tac would be cool.

Comment

Looks like we have 5 in 7mm-08 with 20" barrels. Some people have ordered 1 in 8 twist and some 1 in 9, will all 5 have to be the same twist? If so what would be the preferred twist?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            Looks like we have 5 in 7mm-08 with 20" barrels. Some people have ordered 1 in 8 twist and some 1 in 9, will all 5 have to be the same twist? If so what would be the preferred twist?

Can someone lay out the pro/cons to each twist ? I am hung right now on the 7mm08 or 65CM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
              Can someone lay out the pro/cons to each twist ? I am hung right now on the 7mm08 or 65CM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I asked Robert about that in a previous post. This is the response I got from him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields View Post

"Robert, I ordered a 1/8 twist in my Tier 1, 20" barrel 7mm-08. Is this going to be satisfactory? I intend to shoot either the 140 or 150 gr Nosler Partition."

It's more than you "need" for those bullets, but it will still work absolutely great. There are several benefits to running more than the minimum twist rate in most cases, especially for hunting. There is obviously a point where it can become "too much", but you aren't anywhere near that with 140s at 7-08 velocities. I would have absolutely chosen an 8 twist if I was building it for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                I asked Robert about that in a previous post. This is the response I got from him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Fields View Post

"Robert, I ordered a 1/8 twist in my Tier 1, 20" barrel 7mm-08. Is this going to be satisfactory? I intend to shoot either the 140 or 150 gr Nosler Partition."

It's more than you "need" for those bullets, but it will still work absolutely great. There are several benefits to running more than the minimum twist rate in most cases, especially for hunting. There is obviously a point where it can become "too much", but you aren't anywhere near that with 140s at 7-08 velocities. I would have absolutely chosen an 8 twist if I was building it for myself.
                I ordered a 20” 7-08 with 1:9 twist. I don’t have a problem changing to 1:8 if that’s the consensus. My understanding is we have to have 5 with same twist.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
                    I ordered a 20” 7-08 with 1:9 twist. I don’t have a problem changing to 1:8 if that’s the consensus. My understanding is we have to have 5 with same twist.
                    8 would make it work

Comment

I prefer 8 but was directed to order 1 in 9.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                        I prefer 8 but was directed to order 1 in 9.
                        8 it is. Please give them a call tomorrow and they'll get it updated!

Comment

Just a head's up......I won't have internet access for the next couple of days. So if anyone has any questions or needs help with an order, just call the guys at the shop and they'll get you squared away. 817-284-0034

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            8 it is. Please give them a call tomorrow and they'll get it updated!
                            I’ll call tomorrow and update mine to 1:8 as well.

Comment

Hillary Clinton? [emoji848]

Comment

Stopped in the shop today and placed my order!

1:8 20” 6.5CM
                                Carbon desert night

Now just waiting on my skinny jeans and axe body spray to get out of jail...

Comment

Working...
                                X