Undersized buck dumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
    It's the threads like this that make me have a disdain for most people. The man said it didn't have a tag on it, you zoom in on the pic you can see there is no tag. The blatant calling someone liar seems like common practice here anymore. So much skepticism from many on here. Let's leave the police work to Chew.
    Yup... makes you wonder about the validity of THEIR posts. Not the first time I've thought that on here.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

No doubt a tag. You can even see wording on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Okay... so I downloaded the pic and zoomed... and that doesn't look like a tag to me. I could see how at first glance you might think it is a tag... but if you zoom in, you should see some clues that would give you tons of doubt.

For starters, the "tag's" position relative to the cutout hole and the zip tie aren't aligned. Some personal bias, but I typically wrap the tag and then zip tie through and around. You don't often see a flagging tag, and if you do, then the position of the tag seems too far down (depth) in the picture given the size of a tag and where it should be relative to the zip tie.

If the tag were attached to the zip tie... it would be more in the forefront of the picture... or not as much visible as is shown.

It is something else.

And there are probably tons of doe in the trash that have a zip tie through their ears and no tags. I think most people retain their tag after they "dump" the deer after final destination... so that in of itself isn't a big deal.
      Last edited by SwampRabbit; 12-03-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

For starters, the "tag's" position relative to the cutout hole and the zip tie aren't aligned. Some personal bias, but I typically wrap the tag and then zip tie through and around. You don't often see a flagging tag, and if you do, then the position of the tag seems too far down (depth) in the picture given the size of a tag and where it should be relative to the zip tie.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but if it's not a tag (and maybe a leaf or something) it looks a lot like one (even looks like it has 2 date notches cut in it). I do see what you mean about the tag-like-object being offset from the zip tie though. For the record, all my tags (as well as the guys I hunt with) have their tags flagging...just out of habit, no particular reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2288D616-01B1-40AF-B43A-2FA71698215A-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	24563047
        Last edited by JonBoy; 12-03-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
          I'm not saying I don't believe you but if it's not a tag (and maybe a leaf or something) it looks a lot like one (even looks like it has 2 date notches cut in it). I do see what you mean about the tag-like-object being offset from the zip tie though. For the record, all my tags (as well as the guys I hunt with) have their tags flagging...just out of habit, no particular reason.

[ATTACH]936252[/ATTACH]
          To your point, your 2 notches you "see" are day of month notches (top and bottom row)... the month notches are at the ends. Why would two day notches and no month notch be cut?

I want to be like Chew when I grow old.... er.

Comment

Looks like ear to me and definitely not a tag. It looks farther away as well than the zip tie

Comment

Some of you need to pay a visit to our forum sponsor Mann Eye Center, because there is no tag and no freaking zip tie on that deer.

Comment

If a proper LDP had been taken we wouldn't even be discussing a tag and zip tie! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                  If it's a buck tag you don't have to show proof of sex.The tag goes with the meat.Looks to me like he dumped the carcass,and didn't give a rip about that little basket rack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                  Since when?
                  If a buck is tagged you must have proof of sex and if in AR county the spread will be verified or proven un-branched.

Comment

Yes there is a zip tie but no tag.

Comment

I was able to get a bigger picture to load. The thing that some people think was a tag is actually a hoof. There is a zip tie and no tag on this deer. Someone thought about tagging it and then thought better if it. We are in an AR county so I suspect they were not wanting to get caught with a 12 1/2” deer.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	6DB6BC98-C3FF-4032-A5E9-DFA1EFC3DA62.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	24563103

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                        I was able to get a bigger picture to load. The thing that some people think was a tag is actually a hoof. There is a zip tie and no tag on this deer. Someone thought about tagging it and then thought better if it. We are in an AR county so I suspect they were not wanting to get caught with a 12 1/2” deer.

[ATTACH]936383[/ATTACH]

And there you go! Hopefully the folks calling you and your brother a liar can enjoy their crow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          Some of you need to pay a visit to our forum sponsor Mann Eye Center, because there is no tag and no freaking zip tie on that deer.
                          1-800 MY VISION. Heres the number since it looks like you need to make the call for your eyes and not everyone else LOL
                          Just messing with you

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            To your point, your 2 notches you "see" are day of month notches (top and bottom row)... the month notches are at the ends. Why would two day notches and no month notch be cut?

I want to be like Chew when I grow old.... er.
                            Good point

[ATTACH]936383[/ATTACH]
                            Awesome! Just goes to show the power of a good hi res photo. Thanks for clearing that up I imagine someone shot & tagged it and a buddy kindly reminded them it was an AR county and they promptly removed their tag & dumped it.
                            Last edited by JonBoy; 12-04-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

yeah i can see the cut out of the month and day on the hoof now!

Comment

[ATTACH]936383[/ATTACH]
                                finally

Comment

Working...
                                X