No announcement yet.

High Fence question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I understand it, you drive through the high fence to get to your place. Once you're inside said high fenced 15,000 acres, you can't get back outside of it without going through the same high fence gate, or some other high fenced gate. Therefore, you are hunting inside a high fenced area. Doesn't matter that your particular part of that area is fenced off with a low fence.

Comment

im willing to bet a TON of low fence areas have high fences on one or more sides... and if you looked at a page map it would be surrounded by fence on 3 or all sides... think about how many miles of HF is in Texas... nuts

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        it's "low fence", and one of the reasons you see some really really big "low fence" deer these days.

there's 1000 acres inside of my lease that's completely high fenced that has about 4-5 different tracts in it. the people that hunt on that 1100 acres don't even know they're high fenced in.
        lol. I get to go play on my buddy's 1200 acre high fence ranch a few times a year. it doesn't take that much driving to run into one of those high fences.

Comment

To the OP, it's absolutely a high fence. There is a set area that is completely barricaded that the deer can't escape from under any circumstances. A couple of invisible, imaginary lines in the middle of that property do not change that. If a single deer has been brought in from outside the fence to alter the genetics inside of the fence, then your argument for low fence, which was flimsy to begin with has even less validity.

Comment

High Fence question

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
            lol. I get to go play on my buddy's 1200 acre high fence ranch a few times a year. it doesn't take that much driving to run into one of those high fences.

Other than trespassing on to someone else’s property maybe?

8 different tracts in that 1100 acres. So I guess if you want to trespass you could find out it’s all high fence, but I’ve talked with some of the people hunting there and they have no idea because they’ve never seen it.

How many property lines does a deer have to be able to cross until it’s fair chase?
            Last edited by kyle1974; 12-01-2022, 11:58 AM.

Comment

8 different tracts in that 1100 acres. So I guess if you want to trespass you could find out it’s all high fence, but I’ve talked with some of the people hunting there and they have no idea because they’ve never seen it.

How many property lines does a deer have to be able to cross until it’s fair chase?

How do they get to their tract within the high fence without going through a high fence gate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

High Fence question

Originally posted by cpatterson View Post
                How do they get to their tract within the high fence without going through a high fence gate?

LOL. Funny story about that. Until two years ago there was no gate.

6 miles of high fence and my landowner put up a cattle guard with a low fence gate next to it. It is a high fence gate now with some panels around the cattle guard.

So they all go through that section, but some of them don’t realize how far the high fence extends because that cattleguard is in the NE corner. So the guys who go in there have 1-2-3 neighbors past them that’s all low fence between.

Comment

LOL. Funny story about that. Until two years ago there was no gate.

6 miles of high fence and my landowner put up a cattle guard with a low fence gate next to it. It is a high fence gate now with some panels around the cattle guard.

So they all go through that section, but some of them don’t realize how far the high fence extends because that cattleguard is in the NE corner. So the guys who go in there have 1-2-3 neighbors past them that’s all low fence between.

I see. So as far as they “know” it’s only high fenced on that side.

Comment

Originally posted by cpatterson View Post
                    I see. So as far as they “know” it’s only high fenced on that side.

That 1100 acres is 100% high fenced. But tract to tract is not. And some of them honesty do not know. I tried to explain to one guy that it was and he absolutely argued about it. I just said “ok”.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      I didn't know deer could read property deeds or tax records and see that someone else owned the property in the middle that had LF around it.

So what's stopping a HF operation from putting a 10, 20 (or whatever size floats your boat) LF plot right in the center of his ranch (of whatever size) and calling it a LF kill?

Again, how in the world is this even a question?

Exactly as I laid it out. Has nothing to do with deeds. OP is referring to someone who has NO RIGHT to hunt the other parcels, No common ownership, can't even touch the other properties without trespassing. We are not talking about 10 acres. I would ask the same question, but say it is 20K acres, inside of a 100K acre place. If I only own the 20K acre and can only step foot on the 20K acres, but the deer can roam the full 100K acres, are they not free to leave my 20K acres whenever they want? So, aren't they free to come and go off my property? I would pose the same question to the island of Hawaii. Isn't that a contained property with preventative boundaries? Again, not saying I don't disagree with you, just trying to explain "How this is a question"

Comment

If you apply a number to it, its high fenced. If you are really talking true free range, the number of property lines the deer can cross is infinity.

Comment

somehow you know it's high fence but claim the people on the property are too dumb to figure it out? The fence would greatly increase the value of the lease, but the owner is being sneaky about it? makes no sense. either way, it's all irrelevant. 1100 acres is a small area of land that a deer can cross completely in a couple of hours. the deer are absolutely captive deer, no matter if there's 8 or 800 imaginary lines on the place.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                            Exactly as I laid it out. Has nothing to do with deeds. OP is referring to someone who has NO RIGHT to hunt the other parcels, No common ownership, can't even touch the other properties without trespassing. We are not talking about 10 acres. I would ask the same question, but say it is 20K acres, inside of a 100K acre place. If I only own the 20K acre and can only step foot on the 20K acres, but the deer can roam the full 100K acres, are they not free to leave my 20K acres whenever they want? So, aren't they free to come and go off my property? I would pose the same question to the island of Hawaii. Isn't that a contained property with preventative boundaries? Again, not saying I don't disagree with you, just trying to explain "How this is a question"
                            100k acres completely surrounded by high fence is still high fenced. Very very very simple concept. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              are roads the buffer? if i have a perfect square piece of LF property with county roads on all 4 sides, and all of my neighbors across the roads are HF, am i good to call myself LF because the deer can run down the middle of the road until the HF stops?
                              No. High fence is high fence. This isn’t a matter of opinion. It’s a fact. Completely surrounded by high fence it’s still high fenced.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                                If you apply a number to it, its high fenced. If you are really talking true free range, the number of property lines the deer can cross is infinity.
                                Then there is no longer any free range deer in America

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X