No announcement yet.

High Fence question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d have another b&c in the books if that were the case. The west side of my ranch doesn’t have a fence between my neighbor and I. From what I gather the deer we shoot are still considered high fence and not eligible to be entered in b&c.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      I’d have another b&c in the books if that were the case. The west side of my ranch doesn’t have a fence between my neighbor and I. From what I gather the deer we shoot are still considered high fence and not eligible to be entered in b&c.
      What's b&c? Just trying to keep up.

Comment

Boone and Crockett

Comment

Originally posted by BlackdirtCowboy View Post
          Boone and Crockett
          That with a quick Google search got me up to speed on the conversation. Thankyou

Comment

it's "low fence", and one of the reasons you see some really really big "low fence" deer these days.

there's 1000 acres inside of my lease that's completely high fenced that has about 4-5 different tracts in it. the people that hunt on that 1100 acres don't even know they're high fenced in.

Comment

My thought is they would all be considered low fence. Each separate, individually owned ranch has at least one mile of LF. That’s how TPWD defines LF

Just ask the Cactus Jack😂😂
              Last edited by webb09; 11-28-2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

The B&c defines fair chase as the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free ranging wild game animal in a manner that does not give the Hunter an improper or unfair advantage over the game animals. In 1983, the Club adopted a policy that made whitetail deer and other species taken in escape-proof enclosures ineligible for its record books. So I would say no to be able to enter in B&c.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                  My thought is they would all be considered low fence. Each separate, individually owned ranch has at least one mile of LF. That’s how TPWD defines LF

Just ask the Cactus Jack[emoji23][emoji23]

Always figured they had a set up like that, otherwise they might be in some books

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    Always figured they had a set up like that, otherwise they might be in some books

One mile of low fence fronting 83, with miles and miles of HF across the highway.

Comment

Without a doubt HighFenced. Opinions or lack of knowledge have nothing to do with it when it comes to record books or contests. Now if it’s just talk then that’s different. People make up their opinions of what a free range deer is nowadays. To me if a deer cannot escape a place no matter how big it is then it’s a High Fenced enclosure. Also if I understand it correctly when some sides are Highfenced but the others are low/no fenced sides but impassable terrain like swamps or cliffs will not loophole a Highfenced classification for Boone&Crocket.
                      Last edited by KingsX; 11-28-2022, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Just ask the Cactus Jack😂😂
                        it's easy enough to know who hunts this marginal low fence, because they preface every single post about their LOW FENCE deer.

Comment

One mile of low fence fronting 83, with miles and miles of HF across the highway.

Takes some real audacity to call those low fence deer lol

Comment

High

Comment

It would be the same if you had three sections of land that borders were 1 mile each. This would meet the same rule but would still be a high finished ranch even though it had 1 mile of fence.

Total of 1920 acres
                              Broken up into three sections would give you 1 mile fence lines. So by the above description, you would have a low fence ranch even though the total pasture would be 1920 acres

Comment

Y’all can argue all you want but I just talked to Bailey at los Cazadores and she didn’t even have a good answer for that because I have thought about that before myself so this gave me a good reason to call. They are actually going to take a poll with everyone at los Cazadores and call me back.

Comment

Working...
                                X