Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Elk Hunt - Idaho Broadmouth Canyon

The day is finally here!

Dad and I (MDB & Brunner) will be heading to the ATX airport this afternoon to begin our trip of a lifetime to Broadmouth Canyon Ranch in Idaho.

We will both be chasing a trophy class bull elk near Firth, Idaho with our bow.

This all started actually as a CCA purchased African Safari last spring but after discussing with Dad I pulled the plugged on that, sold the trip here, and put the money down on a deposit for this elk hunt.

We will fly in to Salt Lake City this evening. Spending the night and pick up our truck rental to finish the 3-1/2 hour drive to the ranch in the morning. This is private land owner tag hunt.

I will update as much as I possibly can from now until August 22. There is ZERO AT&T Cell service there so I purchased a pre paid Verizon phone so I may be able to update here, talk to wife and kids, and check in with work.

We are flying up, hunting Aug 17-20, then ideally driving our meat, capes, and antlers back as a road trip to Texas in a Penske Box Truck lol! [emoji23][emoji23]

The adventure begins this afternoon. Stay tuned!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck!

Comment

Little more background:

My family I have been on a health transformation journey since late last year. We’ve gone from Keto (which worked) to regular low carb low fat, to getting back in the gym on a 3-4 days a week basis. Also we have been on a product line called Genesis Pure which is an all natural health product line.

Subliminally Dad and I began to realize that this healthy lifestyle change also paired in prepping physically for the physical demands the elk hunt would present to us, was meant to be and all came full circle.

I was at an all time heaviest point in December 2018. 250lbs at 5’11” and didn’t realize how bad it had got until I saw a picture of myself on an exotic hunt. Talk about eye opening. That second week of December 2018 I said enough was enough and I began the journey to get back in shape .

Fast forward through winter and spring - we did Keto, low carb with low fat, and then implemented the gym.

Currently the past 4-5 weeks I changed it up. I’m walking/fast walking 2-3 miles at 4:45AM in my closed up garage at a 11 degrees incline 3-4 MPH on the treadmill. Keeping my heart rate at 130-140 for a solid 35 min. TALK ABOUT SWEAT!!!

In the actual gym doing weights 2-4 days a week and strict strict weekly meal prep.

I graduated HS in 2005 at 187 pounds.

Today I am 196 pounds with more defined muscle and definitely much lower body fat percentage.

I tell you this to share that if myself, who has two kids, a wife, very demanding job that doesn’t allow much time for healthy meals and exercise during the work days, if I can do it and make it work you can to. Just have to book an elk hunt lol hold yourself accountable to be hunt ready by departure day. I’m sure altitude will kick my butt but I am definitely confident in my abilities to tackle tougher terrain at a high pace.

My dad has also made a 180 degree life style change in losing 40+ lbs, back in the gym, back to eating right, and also using a product line of hemp based CBR products for hip pain.

We are ready for this and I feel our health transformation set us up for the challenge of an Idaho Archery Elk Hunt.

Comment

Good luck and congrats.

Comment

Have fun with your dad.

Comment

I'm in, Good Luck

Comment

Hey that's my money you took elk hunting!

I wish you and your Dad the best of luck! My son and i leave for Sabudawn Safaris in two weeks! Keep us posted!

Comment

Good luck on the hunt and congrats on the health transformation.

Comment

Good luck, hope to get up there one day!

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                    Hey that's my money you took elk hunting!

I wish you and your Dad the best of luck! My son and i leave for Sabudawn Safaris in two weeks! Keep us posted!

Lol yessir you’re right it is - thanks for making it all work out for all parties

Comment

Good luck on the hunt and congrats on the transformation!

Comment

Little breakfast and Lion King with my boys and wife before we leave for 7 days.

Comment

This is great in every way. Congrats on the life change and good luck hunting what appears to be some beautiful country. We will all be checking in!

Comment

Good luck guys

Comment

Good luck! Cant wait to hear the story!

Comment

Working...
                              X