2019 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
    Saw quite a bit of fresh hog damage when we stopped by the property Saturday evening Hopefully it's because it's been cool & wet and not because they're multiplying in the area.
    UHHH....well I can promise they are multiplying lol.

We killed over 100+ last year around our land

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Are you located closer to Cat Springs? Seems I see a few dead along the roadways every couple months the closer I get to there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We're outside of Shelby.

Comment

The most we've seen on the trail camera at one time is around half a dozen. A large portion of the property has old torn up areas from years past, but for the most part, all of the damage we've seen in the last year of owning the property was pretty minimal (besides what was done recently). We have a good idea of where they're coming from. They have a heavy trail coming underneath the fence from one of the neighboring properties.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
          They are multiplying, have several new litters on camera with momma! Have seen little ones in packs crossing the roads also.
          Start trapping please!!!

Comment

The most we've seen on the trail camera at one time is around half a dozen. A large portion of the property has old torn up areas from years past, but for the most part, all of the damage we've seen in the last year of owning the property was pretty minimal (besides what was done recently). We have a good idea of where they're coming from. They have a heavy trail coming underneath the fence from one of the neighboring properties.
            Corral type traps work great.

Comment

Dad made a trip up to our place in New Ulm this past weekend and the hogs have moved back in. Had them briefly bout 5 or 6 years ago, came and left. Seems they are back.

Comment

Him and my grandpa set out 3 traps. Now we wait!

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                  Dad made a trip up to our place in New Ulm this past weekend and the hogs have moved back in. Had them briefly bout 5 or 6 years ago, came and left. Seems they are back.
                  Where abouts are you? Our place is out Track Rd past the firemen’s park. Hogs are hit or miss at our place. No consistency at all.

Comment

Got him back
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good job!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                        Where abouts are you? Our place is out Track Rd past the firemen’s park. Hogs are hit or miss at our place. No consistency at all.
                        On Shunka Rd, the dirt road across from the cemetery right outta town.

Comment

Anyone found or looked for any sheds? I glanced around a few times but didn't see anything.

Comment

Anyone found or looked for any sheds? I glanced around a few times but didn't see anything.
                            Found three so far.
                            Got at least two bucks still carrying theirs around.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                              Found three so far.
                              Got at least two bucks still carrying theirs around.
                              Good deal. We found a dead head back in December, but that's the closest thing I've to found to a shed.

Comment

Things looking green for everyone? We had a pond dug a few weeks ago, so hopefully it's been catching some water with the recent rains.

Comment

Working...
                                X