White House Proposing New Background checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White House Proposing New Background checks

reading that this would mean anyone selling on TBH or other websites like this would fall under "commercial" and require background checks. this is complete and utter gun grabbing bs.

Inching closer towards total gun registration.

Comment

Compare this to buying a car. When you buy a car, you are not required to have a license, but in order to use it on the road, you must have it registered, and the driver must have a license.

This bill reads like you have to have a drivers license in order to purchase the car, but you don't need to register it. I don't see it as a gun grab, but I do see it as one more headache to deal with when selling guns.

My analogy probably isn't perfect, but it's close.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Compare this to buying a car. When you buy a car, you are not required to have a license, but in order to use it on the road, you must have it registered, and the driver must have a license.

This bill reads like you have to have a drivers license in order to purchase the car, but you don't need to register it. I don't see it as a gun grab, but I do see it as one more headache to deal with when selling guns.

it's not a pure gun grab. but, as the poster above you said, this moves us towards national gun registry. that's how you incrementally take guns from people.

Comment

Sigh. Why do we let these libs win?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Sorry.

Nowhere in the constitution does it guarantee you the right to own or drive a car.

Owning a firearm is guaranteed and protected by the constitution. Comparing it to car ownership is apples and oranges and not a good argument.

Having to register your religion and have a license to go to church would be a better example of a parallel requirement.

Regardless, noncompliance is going to defeat most of these rules, and the ONLY way that universal checks WILL work is with a national gun registry and GOOD FREAKIN LUCK with that.

Anyone on here plan on bowing down and filling out the form that they'll send out with make, model, serial number and caliber of everything you own?

Not me.

Comment

Problems with this bill.

People in rural areas may have to travel hours to get to a person licensed to do background checks and therefore will not do it.

We cannot have citizens conducting background checks on other citizens without violating peoples medical privacy rights.

Comment

I dont see a clear definition of "commercial". I'm unsure what "advertised commercial sales" means. Is that any exchange of money, by anybody? If my hunting buddy offers to buy my rifle, is that different from me putting it up for sale on TBH because I "advertised" it?

Comment

I'm just glad I don't have any guns I wanna sell. And it so happens, I don't have any guns @ all due to a tragic boating accident last summer.

Comment

Y'all just need to think of all the mass murders this law will stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ-T View Post
                      Problems with this bill.

People in rural areas may have to travel hours to get to a person licensed to do background checks and therefore will not do it.

We cannot have citizens conducting background checks on other citizens without violating peoples medical privacy rights.
                      The FBI runs the background check, the FFL/ person just tells them to run it. The result is one of 3... Approve, Deny, or Delay... Not sure how that violates anyone's medical privacy. The FBI does not tell dealers why a person is denied.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonder what the definition of Commercial seller is? The way I read it that is the only sale that would be affected.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
                          Wonder what the definition of Commercial seller is? The way I read it that is the only sale that would be affected.

And how are they going to address loaning firearms?

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

So if you have a CHL does that bypass the call in? In regards to this new proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post

it suppose to close the so called gun show loophole. so, that anyone that is at a gun show whether you have a booth or are just walking around with a gun you want to sell has to run a background check as the whole event would fall under "commercial sellers". but, it also makes it so that any advertisement means commercial selling. armslist, tbh classifieds, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X