Tundra owners, leveling kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Is this a 2 wheel drive?? I just got a 2019 TRD SPORT. From what I’ve read, you can’t exceed 1 3/4” lift in the front without dropping the front diff. Has to do with maintaining proper angle on front cv axles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct, the right way to do it is always to lower the front diff. People just don't do it because otherwise the lift would be too expensive. So parts wear out faster than normal. Since a lot of people rarely use the 4wd (That's why trucks went from solid front axles to IFS in the first place), it's usually not an issue. Your talking a bad CV joint at 100k vs 150k miles by not lowering the diff.

Comment

Rough Country....paid around $700.00 to have it done but it is something you can do yourself. I previously did the same lift on the Titan i had. Did have to trim the skid plate a little on the Tundra after the lift was installed.
      Attached Files

Comment

I haven't done mine yet, but, the Bilstein's 5100 are popular for leveling.

Search the 2 or 3 Tundra forums.

Comment

Its a new 2018 4x4. My brother has the same but a 16 and he did the 3/2 and its worked well for him. But considering a 3/1 now seeing the others.

Comment

I have a 2018 4X4 that has bilstein 5100's on the front set on the second setting and I changed out the rear shackles to custom coachbuilder 3" shackles. It stiffened up the rear so there isn't sag when I am loaded down and made the ride awesome with changing out the bushings to poly. I'll post a picture. I got plenty of lift both front and rear and its a very functional set up as I haul and pull frequently.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Love that cement color, nice truck! Those TRD models come with bilsteins, did you add the 5100s?

Comment

They come with the billy 4600's so I upgraded the front to 5100's. It doesn't really show that it's much difference but I am running 34" tires (basically 35's) on 18" wheels and it's a heck of a difference. I am glad I have the running boards or I wouldn't be able to climb in nearly as easy lol.

Comment

I'm running Bilstein 5100 and Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/60/20 on my '15 Limited with stock wheels. Had to do a touch of trimming, but minimal. Added wheel spacers to give a wider stance. Better stance and look. Sits like the TRD Pro, with a little wider stance.

J

Comment

On my TRD Pro, I went with coachbuilder shims and shackles and would recommend going that route to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by reedkj View Post
                        On my TRD Pro, I went with coachbuilder shims and shackles and would recommend going that route to anyone.

Yep. I did get the shims too. I forgot lol

Comment

Originally posted by RSW0913 View Post
                          Rough Country....paid around $700.00 to have it done but it is something you can do yourself. I previously did the same lift on the Titan i had. Did have to trim the skid plate a little on the Tundra after the lift was installed.
                          Nice! Where at? Here in dfw?

Comment

Originally posted by RSW0913 View Post
                            What shop did you use or can anyone recommend a shop in the Ft Worth area?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post

That is a clean lookin tundra right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                                That is a clean lookin tundra right there.

Thanks bud. I like her too lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X