X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread sounds like a classified section. just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
      I have been wanting one of the Primary Arms FFP scopes that has the mils and 1000 yard bullet drop compensation reticle and it’s $499 I think.

I really like the athlon talos BTR. For $300 I put it on my AR10 in 308 and consistently stretch it out to 800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
        I have one in a 6.5 Creedmoor that I bought new. Have a Vortex Gen II 5x25 on it. I would be willing to sell it. PM me!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        I would be willing to sell the Bergara HMR, not the scope. Although I guess I could let the package go. Works very well off the bench...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian77429 View Post
          Good to know information here thanks! I am looking to purchase one this spring in 300wm.

Strait Shooter - Did APR give any other feedback or suggestions for improvements? How do you like the area 419 brake?
          They didn’t give me any more feedback on what else I could do but I didn’t ask either. My funds were pretty mick spent at that point. Here she is as she sits now.

Sorry the pics are sideways and upside down. I don’t know how that happened
          Attached Files
          Last edited by strait shooter; 01-31-2020, 08:04 PM. Reason: Pic apology

Comment

Originally posted by Brian77429 View Post
            Good to know information here thanks! I am looking to purchase one this spring in 300wm.

Strait Shooter - Did APR give any other feedback or suggestions for improvements? How do you like the area 419 brake?
            Oh, and I like the 419 a lot. My son has a savage 6.5 cm with a little ******* gen 3 on it and they are both good. The people on either side of us at the range were not having as much fun as we were.

Comment

A scope in that price range would be the most well suited Burris you can find. I have a MTac, 4.5 -14 that's great, not in use at the moment, but definitely suits your range requirement. Check Natchez Shooters Supply for clearance, that's where I got mine way under your budget. Or used, at the top of your budget would be a Leupold VX5 HD from a trusted Ebay seller.

Comment

I went with a Leupold VX3i 8.5-25x50 LRP tmr FFP. Timmy trigger, VG6 break. Have not put to all to test yet but I think it will work great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks nice

Comment

I have (4) Bergara B14 rifles. All of them are tack drivers. I've never shot factory ammo in them but all shoot under 0.4" with hand loads and one shoots under 0.2". They are the most accurate factory rifles I've seen and shoot better than a couple of my custom rifles.

I have a Vortex 6-20X scope I'll make you a deal on. PM me and I'll get you the details.

Comment

Bergara makes an awesome rifle, it's one of three everyman's rifles that I don't bother blueprinting because their machining is spot on. I've had complaints on the 6.5, heard it has to do with the rifling from a guy who would know. That was a year and half ago but Bergara moves fast so that could be solved.

For scopes in that range I would skip Leopold and check out the Hawke Endurance WA line. I have one on my custom 6.5 and it has done nothing but surprise me. Accurate as it gets and I love the LRC reticle. LRC gives me the easy dope for distance without being busy. The light gathering on it is ridiculous, 1/2 moon and I leave the light in the truck.

Comment

Mine is a shooter. Fun to sit at a bench and ring the steel gongs at 800 yds round after round after round. Mine loves any bullet that is 140 gr.

Comment

Working...
                        X