Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 Creedmoor

Does anyone own a Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 Creedmoor? I'm looking at buying one and would like opinions. I also want to put a Leupold scope on it for up to 500 yards. What model would be recommended? Can I get a "500 yard" scope in the 500 to 600 dollar range?

A buddy of mine has one and he likes it. Shoots very well, nice trigger. He tried several different types of ammo and all shot moa or less. ELD-x probably closer to 1/2”.

Comment

Got one but have shot less than 30 rounds so far. Seems to be pretty accurate as advertised. Shoots a whole lot better than I can haha

Comment

The Bergaras are nice, you should get a range card validating the precision of your rifle...which is nice validation of a factory rifle. If you can splurge an extra couple hundred dollars for the scope, I’d highly recommend the Leupold VX3i-LRP. I’d consider it very nice glass for the money, you should be able to pick one up for around $800.

Comment

I have one and love it. Havent shot an animal past 210 yards but hits em right where I aim at that distance. I have an Athlon scope on it and its a great combo. I also have a vortex viper PST FFP for sale on here in that price range, brand new if interested shoot me a message

Comment

I've got one for sale that I haven't posted yet. It's a shooter in perfect condition with 400 rounds down the tube.
            I just bought an APR custom to replace it.

Comment

Thanks for the input from everyone!

Comment

Great rifles for the money. I’d probably throw a Vortex PST II 3-15 on top for the $600 range. That combination should get you to 1000 without much trouble.

Comment

thanks TX03RUBI

Comment

Don’t feel like you need a tactical scope to shoot out to 500 yards.

A 3-9 and hold overs can get you to 500 if you really wanted. But yes you can find a scope in that price range with turrets. Just depends on what features you like.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I am running one of these.

Leupold Mark 8 3.5-25X56

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                        I am running one of these.

Leupold Mark 8 3.5-25X56
                        Who cares??? The man is looking for a $500 scope not a $4,000 one.

Carta Valley, I have this rifle as well and it shoots great. Try to hold out for a used scope, that’s what I did to put a higher quality for less $$$

Comment

You might look under swfa, the sample list , they sometimes have a decent selection of used leupolds.

Comment

Look into the Athlon scopes. I got the Ares BTR for around $500 used. I have it on my Bergara HMR 22-250 and like it a lot.

Comment

The bergara hmr is a great rifle, will be accurate out of the box, may need a trigger depending on your likes. I own the hmr pro which is super nice but price goes up quick. Depends on what you want to do with the rifle for the scope. I would look at the close out Nikon black fx1000 scopes if you are going to target shoot,but if you want to stick with Leupold more in line for hunting I would go with a vx-3 model with a 50mm objective for better light gathering.

Comment

Working...
                              X