Stolen Valor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
    Calm down buddy, this ain’t that serious...I didn’t wear tricolors or black boots either. I got out October 2017, and I’m 26 years old if that’s a sign. Look on the back of your ID card. There is a DOD ID number. Mine was 1457660428, this is different from your benifits number on the back of your ID card also. We too used our social for everything but we’re still assigned a service number.

Also, I never said you or anyone else didn’t serve...period. Take a breather, it’s all going to be okay, I promise!
    That is not a service number, I had one of them as a civilian employee of the Navy.

What is a DoD ID?

The DoD ID is assigned to each person registered in the Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). This includes government civilians, active duty military, dependents, reservists, retirees and contractors.

How to Find Your DoD ID Number - Department of Navy Chief ...

www.doncio.navy.mil/ContentView.aspx?id=3792

I still remember my service number issued to me by the Air Force August 9, 1965. AF14922185
    Last edited by Phillip Fields; 03-14-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Calm down buddy, this ain’t that serious...I didn’t wear tricolors or black boots either. I got out October 2017, and I’m 26 years old if that’s a sign. Look on the back of your ID card. There is a DOD ID number. Mine was 1457660428, this is different from your benifits number on the back of your ID card also. We too used our social for everything but we’re still assigned a service number.

Also, I never said you or anyone else didn’t serve...period. Take a breather, it’s all going to be okay, I promise!
      You’ve got me all wrong. I’m not wound up at all, just trying to prove a point. The point is, if someone is going to accuse someone of stolen valor they better be dang certain they can prove it. Otherwise they might embarrass themselves when somebody puts some MCMAP moves on them.

Also, the DoD number isn’t a service number like older generations had. They used that number for everything, just like we did with our SSN. That’s why they know theirs by heart. I don’t have a clue what my DoD number on my CaC card was without digging up my old ID.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
        just went thru all of the post's. YouTube dropped Don Shipley.

I never mentioned YouTube. I said look him up on the www.

You're right though. YouTube dropped him a few years back. He has his own website now.

Navy SEAL BUDS Training,SEAL courses,BUDS Training,Hell Night,Endurance Training, SEAL Fitness DON SHIPLEY NAVY SEAL

He can probably be reached right here^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          You’ve got me all wrong. I’m not wound up at all, just trying to prove a point. The point is, if someone is going to accuse someone of stolen valor they better be dang certain they can prove it. Otherwise they might embarrass themselves when somebody puts some MCMAP moves on them.

Also, the DoD number isn’t a service number like older generations had. They used that number for everything, just like we did with our SSN. That’s why they know theirs by heart. I don’t have a clue what my DoD number on my CaC card was without digging up my old ID.
          See Post#91

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            First unit I got to, a cavalry unit mostly full of tankers and scouts, had an old operations master sergeant who had his jump wings with a mustard stain, meaning he had made a combat jump, and his combat infantryman's badge, CIB, with star meaning he had been awarded the CIB in two conflicts.

Turns out he was a tanker who dropped into Panama with the 82nd. They still had the Sheratan, a small air drop tank, but didn't take them. So they assigned all the crews to the HQ companies of the other units and sent them. When they got rid of the Sheratan he wanted to stay with the 82nd so he converted to infantry. He got his first CIB in Desert Storm and his second in Iraq.

As far as sidearms go, it's hard to tell. That is determined by the MTOE for the unit type but those change and depending on when he was in and what unit he was with could be very different from today.
            You are correct sir. I was in the 82nd Airborne Div in 77-80 and 83-84. !/505th and 1/508th (ABN) INF. In the 70's they had the Sheridan Light Tanks. It was cool to watch them heavy drop those things out of planes. They always dropped them first so they didn't land on anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              There were less than 300 Navy Seals that served in Vietnam. I've met all 5000 of them.
              Jesse Ventura is one of those jerks.

Dad was always the boat's designated frogman and ship's gunner on his sub patrols during WWII. He was the strongest swimmer and retrieved the sea turtles they shot while recharging the sub's batteries at night. He became the sub's gunner because he got tired of swimming against the current to recover the turtles, good source of fresh meat for the crew.

Comment

I don’t ever recall having a DOD ID number. We used SSN for everything from 90-94 USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                  I don’t ever recall having a DOD ID number. We used SSN for everything from 90-94 USMC
                  The DoD ID program started in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    There were less than 300 Navy Seals that served in Vietnam. I've met all 5000 of them.
                    Jesse Ventura is one of those jerks.

Dad was always the boat's designated frogman and ship's gunner on his sub patrols during WWII. He was the strongest swimmer and retrieved the sea turtles they shot while recharging the sub's batteries at night. He became the sub's gunner because he got tired of swimming against the current to recover the turtles, good source of fresh meat for the crew.

Comment

They definitely do still issue a service number.
                      my service number was my ss#

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                        All these guys asking to see his DD214, I for one don't just go showing that to anyone anywhere just because they question my service. Too much personal information on the **** thing.

I'm my opinion, unless the person is using it on a business, or to get some sort of assistance, then it's not worth your time or effort. And I had one of those short careers a lot of y'all would question to include the *classified* work in Afghanistan.

Sent from somewhere
                        yes sir, i concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                          That is not a service number, I had one of them as a civilian employee of the Navy.

What is a DoD ID?

The DoD ID is assigned to each person registered in the Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). This includes government civilians, active duty military, dependents, reservists, retirees and contractors.

How to Find Your DoD ID Number - Department of Navy Chief ...

www.doncio.navy.mil/ContentView.aspx?id=3792

I still remember my service number issued to me by the Air Force August 9, 1965. AF14922185
                          I get what you’re saying, and you’re correct, BUT this number was what was printed on my dog tags and it’s the same number that I used to sign in to the chow hall to eat. If it’s not a service number I can’t imagine why is was on my dog tag instead of my social.

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

Lmao the ole MCMAP moves...so dangerous! I see what both of you guys are saying, but like I said it was on my dog tag instead of my social. What does that mean?

Either way it’s irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                            Hey guys, I'm the OP. Person in question wears a Veteran hat (like one you can buy at gas station) and has airborne tats on both arms. We got to talking about concealed carry and I asked him what sidearm he carried in the service and he said he never carried a sidearm....because "only sergeants did" "cause we were in tanks". That stuck me as odd....I thought most combat soldiers had sidearms and why is an airborne dude in a tank (I have not been in the armed services...so forgive me if I'm off base on my assessments) so I got to questioning a few other things he said. So I was trying to figure out if there was a database somewhere I could check.
                            Last edited by Rakkasan2187; 03-14-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Saw a video by a guy who was accused of Stolen Valor at the gas station for wearing woodland camo pants. He actually was former military and answered the guys questions but didn't seem to phase the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_foot_ View Post
                                Every time I see stolen valor I immediately think of this copypasta.

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little ****? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable *** off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you god**** idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ******* dead, kiddo.

YO!!! Did you happen to realize that what you put right here on 3/12/19 here the New Zealand put this in his MANIFESTO!!!

Holy s**t. I was reading his manifesto and was like wth I've read this before.

Comment

Working...
                                X