Upgrade suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade suggestions

I currently have a samick sage pulling around 45lbs but I want to upgrade would still like to stay with a recurve and is takedown really a huge deal sorry I know there’s a lot of variables but any input would be greatly appreciated

There are several great bowyers right here in TX! Sarrels Archery, Primal Tech Bows, Bob Lee Bows, just to name a few. You couldn’t go wrong with any of the above. My advice would be to make a few road trips to some bowyers shops, try some recurved out, and pick the one you like the best.

As far as one piece vs takedown, it’s all a matter of personal preference.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the reply I was looking around online and I saw the Hoyt satori and man that thing looks pretty slick and it has a ton of adjustability but it gets me thinking that the more you add to a bow the more that could go wrong

Comment

I have a few takedowns and never take them down. The weight is deciding factor for me. Takedowns are heavier and I like heavier. Any of Bisch’s suggestions are excellent but I’m partial to Bob Lee for recurves.

Comment

I like the take downs due to the physical bow weight.

All of Bisch’s suggestions are good.

Palmer and Black Widows are also great bows.

You can’t go wrong with a Hoyt satori either. I would not be afraid of the adjustments. The rest is what I would worry about but I have hunted with rests for yrs without a problem.

Comment

You know the turn off with the palmers and the black widows are the price honestly I’m hard on equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Jboehle21 View Post
              You know the turn off with the palmers and the black widows are the price honestly I’m hard on equipment
              Most custom bows will come close to 1K.

You can get a Palmer Classic for $750.00

A Widow for $1075.00.

I own about 10 different custom bow brands and several of the same brand.

I’m very hard on equipment. The only one I damaged beyond scratching and needs refinishing is a Bob Sarrels that did not survive a 4 wheeler crash.

If you keep an eye out for used you can cut the price of a great bow in half.

Comment

After doing some research I’m leaning towards the satori simply because of the riser design being that it takes ilf limbs there’s a ton of options out there and it’s simply cheaper.
                With all that being said I’m not knocking the custom bows they are truly works of art and one day when I become good enough I will own a Palmer but for now I feel like the satori would be a good fit for me

Comment

Originally posted by Jboehle21 View Post
                  After doing some research I’m leaning towards the satori simply because of the riser design being that it takes ilf limbs there’s a ton of options out there and it’s simply cheaper.
                  With all that being said I’m not knocking the custom bows they are truly works of art and one day when I become good enough I will own a Palmer but for now I feel like the satori would be a good fit for me
                  From what I’ve heard the Satori is a great bow. With the limb options I believe it is as good or better than any custom bow.

Comment

What Bisch said. I'm sure the Satori is a nice bow if that's what you own. Personally I just don't like its looks.

Comment

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly bow.
                      But yes, they have a good reputation.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a Satori just long enough to put a dozen arrows down range and then box it back up and sell it. I didn't like the balance of the bow. Expect to use stabilizers to balance the bow The last thing that I want on a trad bow is a stabilizer. If you do decide to go with the Satori, you will have three choices of riser lengths. If memory serves correctly, 16",19", and 21". Watching the used market, I get the idea that the 21" is the least favored of the three. I've seen several guys looking to trade the 21 for a 19, but never the other way around. Keep in mind that many of the ILF limbs are weighed using a 25" riser. Mounting them on any riser shorter than 25" increases the weight. For example, I purchased a set of 38 pound carbon limbs that scale in at 47 on a 19" riser. I was hoping for 44 based on the rule of thumb that says add a pound for every inch that the riser is shorter. This particular set of limbs gained a pound and half for every inch shorter.
                        Last edited by 60 Deluxe; 10-19-2020, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Aron Snyder just did an interview with Cody Greenwood (TradLab) on Kifarucast reviewing traditional bows (custom and ILF). It's a great listen for anyone in the market for a new bow.

Comment

I have numerous bows , all sage advice above. I buy mine used usually with the exception of a couple of habus back in the day. I am partial to the sa line of widows. They last forever and are very tough bows. My boys both shoot them that i bought used and replacement or spare limbs are fairly easy to find. good luck

Comment

Thank you for the podcast link that has really opened up my eyes to the tune ability of an ilf bow until I get to the point where I know exactly what I want in a trad bow I think that’s the direction I’m gonna head

Comment

Working...
                              X