No announcement yet.

Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're between 580 and 190. So if its him he would have done a little traveling but you never know I guess. If I'm thinking right 2200 is off of 281 right?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
      ... Also ended up having a buck show up that had disappeared all last year and just knew the neighbors had got him. He has added some bone for sure! Hopefully he stays around and doesn't disappear again.

Awesome buck!

Comment

We're between 580 and 190. So if its him he would have done a little traveling but you never know I guess. If I'm thinking right 2200 is off of 281 right?

Yep, 2200 is the first road to the left past the airport.

Comment

Yea, that'd be quite a bit of ground to cover for sure so, I would have to say they've gotta be different deer. But, it's always good to know that caliber of deer is all throughout the area.

Comment

I've hunted this same lease my whole life. This is our 31st year on it. The quality of deer is 1,000 times better than what it used to be. I know the ar law made a big difference in the area as a whole. Yes it's got its downsides on some deer but as a whole I believe it made a huge difference. I got everyone on board with trying to manage our place better the past 10 years or so and it has helped with the size of our bucks we are taking just because they are actually getting to grow! Who would have thunk it? Haha ..And I plan on starting to feed cotton seed and or protein this year to try and help out some more. I enjoy watching the bucks grow over the years about as much as hunting them now.

Comment

camera Pics

Here are a few decent deer i got off the deer cams last weekend.
              Attached Files

Comment

Really hope I can get back down to our place one more time before season opens up. .. Anybody know how much rain we've got down there the past week?

Comment

Really hope I can get back down to our place one more time before season opens up. .. Anybody know how much rain we've got down there the past week?

we had 2.8" at our place off of 2806 over the last week

Comment

Not as much as a lot of other folks but better than nothing. Thanks for the response

Comment

Not enough at our place off of 2600. From what I understand it was really sporadic according to my dad.

Comment

3.73" since first of Sept. about a mile down 2207 (2d co road north of airport to the left off 281)

Comment

FarmLogs is showing 5” since Sept 1 at our place 10 miles west of town, I haven’t been out to check the rain gauge since then.

Comment

Checked some cams this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to the ranch to get some finishing touches done before bow season starts. I don't know how it's possible but, our pond levels are the lowest I've ever seen them. It rained hard Saturday evening for about 10 minutes but, that was it. I guess we have missed all of the storms over that past few weeks. Other than that, we have a couple of decent bucks regularly hitting the protein feeders. The corn feeders only have smaller bucks frequenting them. There are rubs and scrapes everywhere though already and some of the bigger bucks have been out of velvet for a couple of weeks while the smaller bucks are still in velvet. Anyone else think it might be an early rut?

Comment

Sure wish some of those axis would come over and take up residence on our place!

Comment

Working...
                                X