Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory 16” bolt action in 308, 6.5cm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
    It's a remington 700 sps but i had it cut from 20" to 13" and added a 3" qd.

16" total length. I just had it made so I need to shoot it but I've been to dang busy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I thought the barrel had to be 16" and then you add on any muzzle device on the end (brake, QD, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
      I thought the barrel had to be 16" and then you add on any muzzle device on the end (brake, QD, etc.).
      Not if the muzzle device is “permanent” aka pinned and welded into place.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
        Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        Not if the muzzle device is “permanent” aka pinned and welded into place.
        Yeppers. Mine is permanent, if I don't like it I'll trash remington's HB and do something else with it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
          Some good rifles have been mentioned already.. but check out the little Winchesters. I saw them at cabelas.

Thanks. This is one I was not aware of.

Comment

So after doing a little looking I realized the Ruger Compact is not threaded which is one of the requirements so the 2 that catch my eye are the Winchester XPR Stealth and the Bergara Ridge SP.

The XPR has a 16.5" barrel and OAL of 36.5" and I am seeing them BNIB for right around $600.

The Bergara has a 18" barrel and OAL of 37.5" so only 1" longer than the XPR and can be had for $750.

I really don't understand why Ruger doesn't chamber the Ranch rifle is some more popular calibers like 308, 6.5 CM or even 7-08.

Another one that i just came across is the TC Compass II Compact. 16.5" Barrel, OAL 36" and run around $440

Comment

Factory 16” bolt action in 308, 6.5cm....

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              So after doing a little looking I realized the Ruger Compact is not threaded which is one of the requirements so the 2 that catch my eye are the Winchester XPR Stealth and the Bergara Ridge SP.

The XPR has a 16.5" barrel and OAL of 36.5" and I am seeing them BNIB for right around $600.

The Bergara has a 18" barrel and OAL of 37.5" so only 1" longer than the XPR and can be had for $750.

I really don't understand why Ruger doesn't chamber the Ranch rifle is some more popular calibers like 308, 6.5 CM or even 7-08.

Another one that i just came across is the TC Compass II Compact. 16.5" Barrel, OAL 36" and run around $440

I’d go with the Bergera if it was me. They make really good rifles for the money. I believe Ruger makes the American Predator model in an 18” threaded .308 if you want a cheaper option and are ok going with an 18” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Raider4044; 05-14-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Remington has a model 7 , they are threaded with a 16 inch barrel. I have one in 308.

Comment

Questioning this statement a bit now. What I posted was a ruger American and it came factory threaded.... maybe they discontinued it? Now I’ve gotta do some research and figure out what’s going on[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger compacts are threaded.

Comment

My daughter has the Compass 2 in 243 and that thing will flat out shoot. It has the 5R rifling in it. I had the original Compass in a 6.5 Creed and it was the same way. I took it to 700yds at the range many times and it would hit consistent with Hornady factory ammo. Dont look past them. They are a great bang for your buck. Especially as a knock around truck gun.

Comment

That one is the 20" barrel model and the only "compact" that is threaded. The 18" barrel ones are not threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          Ruger compacts are threaded.
                          according the the Ruger web site the only compact model that is threaded is the 20" barrel.

Comment

according the the Ruger web site the only compact model that is threaded is the 20" barrel.

I’m almost certain I saw both the 308 and 243 threaded but I could be mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              My daughter has the Compass 2 in 243 and that thing will flat out shoot. It has the 5R rifling in it. I had the original Compass in a 6.5 Creed and it was the same way. I took it to 700yds at the range many times and it would hit consistent with Hornady factory ammo. Dont look past them. They are a great bang for your buck. Especially as a knock around truck gun.
                              Thanks for the feedback. I have heard alot of good things about them. I may go this direction. As I am wanting something I don't care if it gets banged up, rained on, ect......

Comment

Working...
                              X