X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cypress Springs

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      Look at some of the smaller lakes that aren’t destination spots.

My dad lives on one that is just over 1,000 acres (most of my family has lived on it for about 50 years). It is only really busy on holidays. The main lake can get busy on weekends, but the coves are typically just used by residents or bass fishermen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lake name?

Comment

We plan on retiring on LBJ so started the process and bought a house there three yea go and love it. Athens would be right up there as well. Awesome lake

Comment

I am partial to Rayburn. It’s huge, hardly ever gets crowded, good fishing, plenty of room to ski/wakeboard. I just wish the dang Corp would allow docks/boathouses. It would be perfect then if they would

Comment

No one has mentioned lake Livingston. I always enjoyed chasing whites on it but that was years ago. Did tweakers take it over?

Comment

Ain’t no such thing as “constant level” when it stops raining...

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                Lake LBJ
                One of the most miserable lakes to get on now days due to the amount of people. We are nearing being completely done with lbj at all now. Way to many people and prices and taxes are ridiculous for what it is

Comment

I think you are on the right track. I’ve lived on a few lakes including Fork and my ultimate goal is to get back to Fork. I grew up on that lake and I should have never left it.
                  Last edited by spikebuck; 05-02-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I know Quachita ain't in Texas................
                    But, I've lived on several here in Texas.............
                    Now, I love my fellow Texans...............
                    But never, have I met a more rude, careless,virtually dangerous group
                    of boaters, than in Texas..............And it don't seem to matter
                    what lake your on.......IMHO--- of course......

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                      I know Quachita ain't in Texas................
                      But, I've lived on several here in Texas.............
                      Now, I love my fellow Texans...............
                      But never, have I met a more rude, careless,virtually dangerous group
                      of boaters, than in Texas..............And it don't seem to matter
                      what lake your on.......IMHO--- of course......
                      Lol, plenty fools on Tx lakes but have you ever been to Lake O the Ozarks?

Comment

If you can stay away corps of engineers lake do so. Only lakes that you can have dock/boat lift.
                        Last edited by tps7742; 05-02-2021, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          One of the most miserable lakes to get on now days due to the amount of people. We are nearing being completely done with lbj at all now. Way to many people and prices and taxes are ridiculous for what it is
                          It’s gotten ridiculous there!

Comment

I live on Fork. Have 13.5 deeded acres, and 2.5 acres leaseback from SRA. Waterfront. I Guided for 37 years on Fork. Caught tons of fish on Fork including 3 Sharelunkers. Currently looking for a place away from Fork.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Not to mention how shallow 90 percent of it is. Too much moss and way to shallow.

Comment

Lake Nacogdoches

Comment

Working...
                                X